Turmoil at meadow park

Threave will prove their class. I was talking to Tommy Dickfingers last night and supposedly they have a few things lined up.

Now, we all know Tommy likes to alter the truth sometimes but there was something about what he told me that seemed plausible. All he said to me was "New pool table, race night, 100 quid jackpot quiz machine , new striker with hard shot and maybe a new social media person".

Exciting times ahead by the sounds of it eh?

P.S Doubt they will go for a 100 quid jackers quiz machine but everything else may well happen

I'm not too sure why this topic was made too sound like its a massive surprise that threave are doing so poor this season. The signings that they brought in last season were apauling to be honest and the "big" signings this season are not even worth mentioning. There was no surprised they got embarrassed last season and there's no surprise there getting embarrassed this season again. They need to get rid a lot of the dead wood they are carrying. The irving boy up front is a good player and could play at lowland level, but I could honestly pick a better back 4 in the Sunday 2nd division. So yeah no surprised they are doing this bad. They'll be down there in the scrap as expected. I honestly don't know how they can attract players to be honest. Players taking a step down. 

Tend to agree, Andy forsyth?  Bruce forsyth would do a better job. I think threave missed out on alot of targets due to the fact it's a bit of a clique club where as you say alot of the deadwood still lurking around. 

Threave did well to turn it around tonight (2-2 with vale) but my word they really don't have much going for them. Slow all over the park, all wait for someone else to do something. The tackle at the end tonight was a disgrace sure the lad had been at lochar but they sold him for some money not sure on exact details. Vale also a very slow and unorganised team. Unless things improve for both sides mid table will be where they finish up. 

10 hours ago, Thehulk said:

Threave did well to turn it around tonight (2-2 with vale) but my word they really don't have much going for them. Slow all over the park, all wait for someone else to do something. The tackle at the end tonight was a disgrace sure the lad had been at lochar but they sold him for some money not sure on exact details. Vale also a very slow and unorganised team. Unless things improve for both sides mid table will be where they finish up.

Was at this game last night. Probably the worst first half I have seen for a long time. Things improved after the break with Threave going down to 10 men. Game should have been over at 2-0, credit to Threave to get something out of it.  They looked very flat first half though, tackle at end right in front of me deseved straight red.

6 hours ago, Hobbits pal said:

Was at this game last night. Probably the worst first half I have seen for a long time. Things improved after the break with Threave going down to 10 men. Game should have been over at 2-0, credit to Threave to get something out of it.  They looked very flat first half though, tackle at end right in front of me deseved straight red.

Agree with all of that .The only decent players were the Vale 10 and the right winger .Both sending off's spot on .Threave are awfull and thats being kind .

A word for the the Abbey Vale committee, they have done a great job on the pitch , looks great . 

I'd just like to say thanks to Threave for making us so welcome today. I thought we'd win by a few with the quality in our squad even though we're not firing and it looked that way for the first 10 minutes. After that Threave closed us down and did a great job. The set up is excellent and the community club looks like it is thriving. There are a lot of teams in junior football who could learn from Threave. Disappointed with the way we played today but wish you guys all the best for the season.

Archived