The Courteeners

accies1874

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Absolutely love them

Also a big fan of modern love

I like Modern Love as well, but I thought it up a strange place on the set. Would've swapped that and Acrylic around. All the new stuff was great live, but I was disappointed in the lack of people that knew Dilettante - I think it's one of their best on the new album.

• 2 weeks later...

Wouldn't have thought you'd get glass bottles into a gig?if it is that's shit but his tantrum he's thrown at some innocent fan is bang out of order

Agree. Absolute shitebag that threw it, but he shouldn't have had a go at that fan on Twitter. First the smoke bomb, then this...

Edit: Turns out that the bottle-thrower interrupted Cavorting. That changes things!

Agree. Absolute shitebag that threw it, but he shouldn't have had a go at that fan on Twitter. First the smoke bomb, then this...

Edit: Turns out that the bottle-thrower interrupted Cavorting. That changes things!

Always though Liam Fray was a bit of a p***k, but after seeing them at the Hydro my opinion changed a bit because I thought he was a superb frontman. I'd expect some lower league footballer to be calling fans c***s on Twitter, not the lead singer of a band who are *probably* at the most popular they'll ever be, or just about getting there. Comes across as an absolute roaster in this situation.

• 4 weeks later...

The Heaton Park video's surfaced
on YouTube. Getting me even more excited for the cricket ground.

There's more chance of me playing on stage than there is of them playing these songs, but it really just proves how good ones like The Opener and Summer are live. Sycophant also disappeared off the set list towards the end of the tour, but I'm still hopeful of it getting played.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Where to begin? That was a beautiful night that showed incredible respect to Monday's victims and proved that the good guys shall never be defeated.
That rendition of Don't Look Back in Anger was wonderful, and the classics like Acrylic, Cavorting, Bide and Sycophant were their usual standard. The newer ones were all great too.
Just a special night from a special band.

• 10 months later...

Anyone listened to the rewired version of St Jude? I’ve given a play trough once and I didn’t mind it but I’m not sure I liked it. It certainly wasn’t bad, just different.
10 years though, some bois.
IMG_1523212311.336832.jpg

On 08/04/2018 at 19:31, NJ2 said:

Anyone listened to the rewired version of St Jude? I’ve given a play trough once and I didn’t mind it but I’m not sure I liked it. It certainly wasn’t bad, just different.
10 years though, some bois.
IMG_1523212311.336832.jpg

I’ve been listening to it the last couple of days to and from work, I really like it. Cavorting in particular sounds brilliant. It feels a bit like a pure money making exercise though.

But I still think every album they’ve put out has been class over the 10 years. Long may it continue. 

I’ve been listening to it the last couple of days to and from work, I really like it. Cavorting in particular sounds brilliant. It feels a bit like a pure money making exercise though.
But I still think every album they’ve put out has been class over the 10 years. Long may it continue. 

Gave it another run through today and I like it. Some are better, some aren’t as good but none of it is bad. Totally agree on the money making exercise. I’d prefer an album of acoustic versions or rough demos rather than reworks but who am I to question their judgement!

• 4 months later...

Announcing a tour tonight, including the Hydro, it seems.

If it's not accompanying a new album - these things usually get leaked so an album seems unlikely - then it'll be a bit boring; essentially just the same tour as they did for MTR's release.

Archived