The Courteeners

accies1874

Sounds like he's going baws out on this to try and break free from the same tag they've had from St Jude. The last two albums have definitely been different, but I've found them a bit forgettable, save for three or four songs on each. 

I'm not too keen on bands playing new stuff that hasn't been released yet, and it sounds like what he's going for could be lost in live performances. Releasing a couple of singles and playing them would be good though. 

Gotta change up the set list too; the one from R + L is the exact same as they were playing years ago with three new ones chucked in. 

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't bother. Manchester in 2017 was sort of my 'one and done' with them there.
I was surprised by how quickly it sold out given it took months for them to do so at OT.
Is it unusual that they're touring months before the album comes out (and probably won't do another proper tour for it) and are doing a massive show before properly announcing the album?

18 hours ago, accies1874 said:

I didn't bother. Manchester in 2017 was sort of my 'one and done' with them there.
I was surprised by how quickly it sold out given it took months for them to do so at OT.
Is it unusual that they're touring months before the album comes out (and probably won't do another proper tour for it) and are doing a massive show before properly announcing the album?

What makes you think they won't do a proper tour for the album? Especially a band who are constantly doing shows.

I'm not convinced they'll have a tour as big as the upcoming one for the album is what I should've said.
They might, to be fair, but I just have a feeling that the upcoming tour will be THE tour. They'll have a couple of warm-up gigs for Heaton Park and I'd guess they'll be at a tonne of festivals (maybe headlining some).
Potentially chuck in a wee European tour, will there be an appetite for an arena tour for the album?
Maybe I'm underestimating them.

It's not an arena tour this time. It's a couple of arenas and mostly academies. They'll be at that level for a while yet.
I didn't say it was. That'd be three academy/arena tours in a row and the arenas would probably all be in the north again.
I think it'd be a bit shit touring the album with an almost identical tour.

Archived