My new game(s) thread

Dindeleux

19 hours ago, Tommy Nooka said:

God of War 3 is a great game, how did you manage to get it free?

Ah, just noticed you're in Asia!

I assume you have different PS Plus games.

They did it as an additional free game for between 25th Jan and 8th Feb. The other ones are Little Big Planet 3, Until Dawn, Not A Hero and a few others.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
On 04/02/2017 at 10:30, Dindeleux said:

So about 3 months ago I got this free on games with gold. It's done like an 80s movie with really old looking cut scenes that are done like stills. Hard to describe but pretty good and a lot of fun.

159b57956d113f6be8989b25103231b1.jpg

"Like a video game of Kung Fury" is probably as good a description as any. Other than the actual Kung Fury video game, obviously.

Sniper Elite 4. 
Absolutely loving it thus far, I can tell it will probably get a bit repetitive over time though. 

I'll probably pick this up next. Got mgsv and alien isolation to finish.
Really enjoyed sniper v2 on the ps3, and this is now open world so can only be an improvement as v2 felt a bit too linear at times.

On 2/3/2017 at 21:49, Tommy Nooka said:

God of War 3 is a great game, how did you manage to get it free?

Ah, just noticed you're in Asia!

I assume you have different PS Plus games.

Just completed it last night - really enjoyed, some amazing set pieces and didn't have to think too much about it. Frustrating at times and difficult by the end - also has one of the most bizarre endings in any game I have ever played. Some of the camera angles though...

2 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

You go in with the priest at the start and fight off about 10 men or so. Keep dying :-(

Concentrate on your timing instead of mashing the buttons and make sure you complete the 'finishers' (when the screen changes colour). I thought those were quite cool at the beginning but was a bit fed up of them by the end.

14 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Yassssssss!

I hated Shadow Of Mordor with a passion, it looked like it should be a good game but was no fun to play for me. Doesn't help I kept getting killed and the game got HARDER (clever thinking there!), maybe it's just because I was rubbish at it. I've completed plenty of hack'n'slash games in the past and none of them frustrated me as much as Shadow of Mordor.

Batman: Return to Arkham is only £13.99 on the PS Store. Arkham City is my favourite game of all time, and it's been donkeys since I played the two of them. Needless to say I took the punt.

I hated Shadow Of Mordor with a passion, it looked like it should be a good game but was no fun to play for me. Doesn't help I kept getting killed and the game got HARDER (clever thinking there!), maybe it's just because I was rubbish at it. I've completed plenty of hack'n'slash games in the past and none of them frustrated me as much as Shadow of Mordor.

It could be difficult at times if you ended up fighting a few warchiefs and their minions at the same time. It does get easier later in the game once you unlock some of the executions and other powers which let you take our multiple orcs.

Really enjoyed and thought the nemesis system was great. Will no doubt end up picking up the sequel.

• 2 weeks later...

Been getting in about the platform games lately, bought Unravel and Abe's Odysee off PS Store.

Unravel is a stunning looking platformer, pretty simple in its essence but with some nicely thought out puzzles.

Abe's Odysee is just as good as I remembered from the original PlayStation days, I'm about a third of the way through and its starting to get pretty difficult, again a really well thought out game and the re-master looks great.

I've said this a few times on different threads but my most recent purchase, MGS5, is one of the best value for money games I've ever bought.

Would be better if it was actually a finished product as well.

Archived