My new game(s) thread

Dindeleux

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Picked up Mad Max for £6.50 off G2A last night and installed it. Very fun game, looks amazing visually and runs very well. The combat is pretty fun, kind of reminds me of The Last of Us, purely in terms of gameplay, heavy reliance on melee combat due the scarcity of ammo. The driving is a little iffy at times, cars will hit you for what feels like a light tap and you almost lose all control of your car. But for the very little i paid for the game im getting my money's worth.

On 9/27/2016 at 22:52, Dominique Malonga said:

Forza is only £42 at Tesco.

My wee brother paid 80 for the ultimate edition....d88211397de19d34dd5312f3596d0a5f.jpg

Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate Edition includes:
•    The full game of Forza Horizon 3 (disc) - Well i would fucking hope so
•    4 days early access to the game - What? Are they really selling early access to games now? Really?
•    Limited Edition Forza Horizon Steel Tin -  Fucking Wow! Metal! a Metal case! My Drawers are wringing already stop it
•    Forza Horizon 3 Car Pass - Extra Cars, to be fair its a decent number, 42 total, but doesn't include the season pass
•    Forza Horizon 3 VIP Membership - Basically the same as Premium on battlefield, an excuse to milk more cash out of people
•    Forza Horizon Motorsport All-Stars Car Pack - 10 cars that were likely cut from the game just to be sold as day one DLC

£80 fucking quid, fucking welcome to modern gaming, where you get fucked that often you cant even feel it anymore. 

I wouldn't bother, to be honest.

I love Driveclub, no fucking about, just pure racing and it's still the best looking racer out there 2 years after release. No tuning, upgrades or any of that pish, just paint your car and race, probably my favourite racing game. It's basically PGR reborn!

Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate Edition includes:
•    The full game of Forza Horizon 3 (disc) - Well i would fucking hope so
•    4 days early access to the game - What? Are they really selling early access to games now? Really?
•    Limited Edition Forza Horizon Steel Tin -  Fucking Wow! Metal! a Metal case! My Drawers are wringing already stop it
•    Forza Horizon 3 Car Pass - Extra Cars, to be fair its a decent number, 42 total, but doesn't include the season pass
•    Forza Horizon 3 VIP Membership - Basically the same as Premium on battlefield, an excuse to milk more cash out of people
•    Forza Horizon Motorsport All-Stars Car Pack - 10 cars that were likely cut from the game just to be sold as day one DLC

£80 fucking quid, fucking welcome to modern gaming, where you get fucked that often you cant even feel it anymore. 

It's ridiculous paying that but if that's how people want to spend their money then fair enough. My wee Brother is really bad for it though no matter, I'm sure GTA set him back £110 or something daft like that.

First or second? Because both are quite amazing TBH

Defenitive edition, nae idea if that is first or second. You get shipwrecked at the start. Still not even had drive club out the box, picked it up cause it was cheap and I knew it would look good mostly. Not that fussed if I don't play it much.

9 minutes ago, JamieT1314 said:

Defenitive edition, nae idea if that is first or second. You get shipwrecked at the start. Still not even had drive club out the box, picked it up cause it was cheap and I knew it would look good mostly. Not that fussed if I don't play it much.

Thats the first

Just bought Rebel Galaxy, was either this or elite dangerous but I don't have the time to invest into elite, looking forward to playing rebel galaxy. Picked it up for half price off steam too

After playing mad max a little more im starting to see why it was so cheap. It is very repetitive, basically you will end up joining a local warlord for a safe haven in exchange for you clearing the area of raiders, taking down camps, ambushes etc. But after you progress so far you have to head to another area ran by another local warlord to do exactly the same thing, the dialogue for you getting into the warlords camp is virtually identical and the two bosses ive fought so far were identical except for a minor reskin. There really is alot less to this game than i expected and while ive gotten my money's worth out of the game i totally see this getting uninstalled to save space and never getting installed again. If i had paid full price for this at release i would be really disappointed. 

I bought Batman: The Telltale Series today. I've never played a Telltale game before, but I'm looking forward to starting this up.

I'll be buying this eventually, but i'll pick it up for a tenner when it's actually finished in 6 months time. I've already been burned buying TT games before they're complete, there are always missed release dates and price reductions.

Game looks good although I do find the humorous TT are usually their best.

Playing through the original Mass Effect for a change of pace, great game you can pick up and play or fire a day into. Still runs very well on pc and have had no compatibility issues with Windows 10. Only thing that annoys me is that the 3 games can be bought for PC for under a tenner but if you wanna buy the DLC you have to buy it using "Bioware points" rather than a cash value. Basically 1 bioware point equals a penny. To buy all the DLC for Mass Effect 2 and 3 you would need £76 worth of bioware points. There has never been a sale or anything like that. EA claimed about 18 months ago they were doing away with the Bioware points thing, still hasn't happened and my tweets to EA and Bioware have gone unanswered. Pretty shocking TBH.

Spoke to a EA rep, basically got fobbed off saying that EA have no say in the pricing. Absolute bullshit, good to see EA still have such fine customer service. 

Not really new but after a year away from it I'm starting to play Stranded Deep again. Basically your stranded in the pacific ocean and you have to survive, it's quite calming and nice to play, it's still early access and has a few bugs but I'm enjoying it

Archived