My new game(s) thread

Dindeleux

On 12/09/2016 at 22:47, one m in Motherwell said:

Watched that Indie Game:The Movie on Netflix, so duly bought Fez afterwards. I may be somewhat behind the curve but it's great - very clever and with a stunning game engine. Music is fantastic too...the whole thing is very nostalgic.

Will watch that this weekend. Looked at games like Fez, Meatboy, N++ and Speelunkey and ended up buying Shovel Knight. 

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

If it was the PS4 version of NHL 15 you bought then it was only part finished. An entire game mode is missing.

NHL 16 was a big change to the player experience system. I wasn't a fan. Hoping it's better in 17 because the actual game is fun.

Yeah, I'd read some stuff online that had panned it for the missing features but I got the game for next nothing anyway. If I play it enough I'll jump forward to NHL 17 shortly.

Traded in Last of Us, Star Wars Battlefront, Alien Isolation and Uncharted for the new PES for PS4 today.

Offloading some crackers there, KB. Alien, TLoU and Uncharted 4 (if it's that one you've traded in) are my favourite games on PS4. Granted, Alien: Isolation doesn't have much replay-value, but the multiplayer on the other two is pretty great.

11 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Offloading some crackers there, KB. Alien, TLoU and Uncharted 4 (if it's that one you've traded in) are my favourite games on PS4. Granted, Alien: Isolation doesn't have much replay-value, but the multiplayer on the other two is pretty great.

Not U4, the Nathan Drake Collection that came with the PS4.  They were games that I got and either stopped playing or never really got into, so I thought I'd trade in for something that I know I'll be able to pick up when it suits me without feeling like I need to devote a load of time to.

Not U4, the Nathan Drake Collection that came with the PS4.  They were games that I got and either stopped playing or never really got into, so I thought I'd trade in for something that I know I'll be able to pick up when it suits me without feeling like I need to devote a load of time to.

Fair enough. I didn't really like the Collection, to be honest.

On 9/15/2016 at 15:21, Jaggy Snake said:

Bought NHL 15 recently. First ice hockey game I've played since they swapped to the dual stick controls. Enjoying it a lot and regretting not playing these games for so long now.

I've got this.  Bought it last year on my annual "I need an ice hockey or basketball game" phase.  Every bloody year I go buy an NBA or something and say I will play it only to play 3 games and then turn it off.

Luckily the "Xbox kill your buzz" install is saving me money.

If you are on Xbox I will give you a few games at some point.

Completed Uncharted 4 last night, absolutely loved it. Very cinematic in the way it was shot and 'performed', first one of the series I'd played so will probably pick up the Nathan Drake collection now.

Next move is to try and finish Metal Gear V (played it up to the halfway point) before moving on to either Bioshock or The Witcher. And with Skyrim coming out at the end of this month, I could be somewhat occupied...

I'm an hour into Forza Horizon 3 and I'm absolutely loving it so far. The setting is absolutely brilliant as are the graphics. It's got the potential to overtake Forza Horizon 2 as the best car game ever made imo.

The Horizon games are always a good laugh, I get bored of them easily though. I'm enjoying it so far, not played much of it but I've mainly just been messing about and looking for the discount signs etc.

Buy yourself an Ariel Nomad, fully tune it and make it 4 wheel drive. It's great fun.

The Horizon games are always a good laugh, I get bored of them easily though. I'm enjoying it so far, not played much of it but I've mainly just been messing about and looking for the discount signs etc.

Buy yourself an Ariel Nomad, fully tune it and make it 4 wheel drive. It's great fun.

From what I've seen so far they have nailed the setting. I've got spare cash to play with, I'll have a look at the nomad just now.

What is the deal with the Horizon games? Are they open world games with missions etc?

Open world games with a series of different races for, for example cross country, sprint, circuit etc based around a music/race festival.

I thought they would struggle to beat the setting for Horizon 2 (Southern France and Northern Italy) but they have topped it imo. Horizon 3 is set in Australia and you go from racing on beaches to the outback and I believe there's a city as well although I've not got that far yet as I'm only two hours in, I'm currently on my way to the outback. I've even seen some kangaroos and wee Alligator's kicking about which I thought was quite smart.

There's also a big race after you complete each series e.g a car v plane or truck v train and things like that which are very decent aswell. It's not quite as realistic as the Motorsport games in the Forza Series but although I normally have both there's no comparison for me as I much prefer the Horizon games. While the Motorsport games are very good in their own right it does get quite boring just going round tracks all the time. That's not to say the driving in Horizon 3 is unrealistic or that. After playing the second one I played bought few car games, namely the Crew and the latest need for speed, and the difference was night and day. Jumping from Forza to riff raff like that was some comedown.

Fucking hell that was a longer post than I intended:lol:

Open world games with a series of different races for, for example cross country, sprint, circuit etc based around a music/race festival.

I thought they would struggle to beat the setting for Horizon 2 (Southern France and Northern Italy) but they have topped it imo. Horizon 3 is set in Australia and you go from racing on beaches to the outback and I believe there's a city as well although I've not got that far yet as I'm only two hours in, I'm currently on my way to the outback. I've even seen some kangaroos and wee Alligator's kicking about which I thought was quite smart.

There's also a big race after you complete each series e.g a car v plane or truck v train and things like that which are very decent aswell. It's not quite as realistic as the Motorsport games in the Forza Series but although I normally have both there's no comparison for me as I much prefer the Horizon games. While the Motorsport games are very good in their own right it does get quite boring just going round tracks all the time. That's not to say the driving in Horizon 3 is unrealistic or that. After playing the second one I played bought few car games, namely the Crew and the latest need for speed, and the difference was night and day. Jumping from Forza to riff raff like that was some comedown.

Fucking hell that was a longer post than I intended:lol:

Cheers - have put this on my "buy me this or I'll give you a black eye" list for the wife.

Cheers - have put this on my "buy me this or I'll give you a black eye" list for the wife.

No worries. :lol: aye it's a very good game, you'll not go far wrong. I've not been a big racing game fan since the Need For Speed glory days but Forza is different gravy all together.

This should tide me over 'till Mafia 3 comes out.

Archived