My new game(s) thread

Dindeleux

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bought UFC 2 a few weeks ago after watching a few plays of it on UpUpDownDown and it's getting traded in today. Not my cup of tea whatsoever. 

It's ok but they're still a long long way from making a realistic mma sim. Feels really arcadey and movement isn't that natural feeling.

On 8/28/2016 at 02:19, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Bought fallout New vegas on Steam Sale a while back and only just now getting into it (partly to try and break my C&C3:KW habit). Turns out it's a bit more than Skyrim-Swords+Nukes. Who knew?:thumsup2

How you been WRK?  Don't really see you on here too much (although I'm not in BRALT very often).

On 8/20/2016 at 13:25, mrcat1990 said:

It's ok but they're still a long long way from making a realistic mma sim. Feels really arcadey and movement isn't that natural feeling.

I'm not happy that EA have decided to focus on the UFC games, long overdue another fight night game, the PS4 hasn't had one yet :thumbsdown.

How you been WRK?  Don't really see you on here too much (although I'm not in BRALT very often).

Pretty fine, in all honesty. Trying to live a wee bit more after my health scare, so not online so much - or not on p&b so much at least. Certainly not on the BRALT, which is home to just a few deluded simpletons, and the odd poster dropping in to wind them up. I'll go on for a look, but rarely post there. You're more likely to find me in the politics thread, but the debate there is pretty juvenile, with a lot of posters simply regurgitating what they've been fed as fact.

You're more likely to find me on a plastic modelling forum these days, as I've returned to the hobby with renewed enthusiasm after a few decades absence.

Still getting to the occasional game down here, but haven't been able to get home to see family, let alone Killie, for ages.

How's you, anyway?

30 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Pretty fine, in all honesty. Trying to live a wee bit more after my health scare, so not online so much - or not on p&b so much at least. Certainly not on the BRALT, which is home to just a few deluded simpletons, and the odd poster dropping in to wind them up. I'll go on for a look, but rarely post there. You're more likely to find me in the politics thread, but the debate there is pretty juvenile, with a lot of posters simply regurgitating what they've been fed as fact.

You're more likely to find me on a plastic modelling forum these days, as I've returned to the hobby with renewed enthusiasm after a few decades absence.

Still getting to the occasional game down here, but haven't been able to get home to see family, let alone Killie, for ages.

How's you, anyway?

Aye all good, starting to enjoy watching Kilmarnock again for a change thanks to the battling the team now seem prepared to do.

The BRALT, like Rangers, is dead and carrying on in name only.

Good to hear your health is ok.

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

I'm not happy that EA have decided to focus on the UFC games, long overdue another fight night game, the PS4 hasn't had one yet :thumbsdown.

I'm not sure about anyone else but Round 3 was by far the best.  Round 4 was ok but it had the option to go with buttons instead of analogue sticks which opened it up to online arseholes.

A remastered version of Round 3 with some extra career options is really all they need.  A new Fight Night was one of the games promised when this gen of consoles was first advertised.  Sadly though UFC is possibly/probably the more popular sport at present.

On 16/08/2016 at 08:39, Saigon Raider said:

Just started playing Lego Jurassic Park with my 4 year old - loads of fun with good puzzles.

Been away from home for two months going back to Witcher 3 Hearts of Stone - a definite increase in the difficulty from the main story.

Bought Hard Rain as it was on sale in the PS4 store. Not too sure about it but only played for a couple of hours - the controls are pretty annoying.

As soon as I put Witcher 3 on again that will be the only thing getting played (after the kids go to bed), just got a new 4K TV and it looks amazing!

On 16/08/2016 at 09:36, XIII said:

Hard rain was pish, full of cut scenes and quick time events. Only good thing about it was the shower scene (I was 17 when I first played it)

This is by far the best things I've seen relating to that game.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this is the correct thread to put this in but I watched an hours gameplay of Sniper Elite 4 today.
It looks great and is just the type of game I've wanted for a while. It's not out to next year though.

Is the other games in the series worth buying? I've never played them before.

1 hour ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Bought NHL 15 recently. First ice hockey game I've played since they swapped to the dual stick controls. Enjoying it a lot and regretting not playing these games for so long now.

If it was the PS4 version of NHL 15 you bought then it was only part finished. An entire game mode is missing.

NHL 16 was a big change to the player experience system. I wasn't a fan. Hoping it's better in 17 because the actual game is fun.

Picked up Project Cars as it was going cheap.   Looks ok so just won the first Karting championship so we'll seee where it goes from here.

I still go back to Project Cars every now and again. I love doing endurance races on it or a random race weekend with some of the older cars. Are you using a wheel or a controller? I only use my wheel on it.

Also, thanks for the replies about Sniper Elite. I'll have a look around later tonight and I'll see what one I want to buy.

Archived