My new game(s) thread

Dindeleux

A thread for people to garner opinions on new games they've bought or are thinking of buying.

I traded in a couple of games today and came out with:

Farcry 4

Black Ops 2

I went looking for a COD type shooter game and was just lucky enough that my trade in left me enough for Farcry.

Are these games reasonable or have I made a big mistake in not taking the other option and just getting Farcry Primeval which would've cost the same as both these games?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm about to buy Fallout 4 soon. Waiting until I get closer to 100% on gta. 

Do you work or have any kind of life Pete?

If you do prepare to lose them all when you get Fallout 4. I remember Mr X being jealous when I bought it as he knew what I had to come and that's how I feel right now.

A thread for people to garner opinions on new games they've bought or are thinking of buying.

I traded in a couple of games today and came out with:

Farcry 4

Black Ops 2

I went looking for a COD type shooter game and was just lucky enough that my trade in left me enough for Farcry.

Are these games reasonable or have I made a big mistake in not taking the other option and just getting Farcry Primeval which would've cost the same as both these games?

Far cry 4 is very decent imo. Basically just in updated version of three which is no bad thing.

I've got Primal as well and I thought it was pretty decent but I've only played maybe three hours or so and haven't went back to it In a good wee while.

Bought the Witcher 3 and Uncharted 4 last night. I'm not very far into either of them, but I'm liking Uncharted 4
loads more than the first 3.
I thought Far Cry 4 was alright. The missions were a bit shit and incredibly repetitive, but everything going on in the world is fantastic.

I picked up Wolfenstein the new order and the old blood on the weekend from steam as it was on sale.

Only played the new order and it's not too bad, nothing earth shattering but a solid fps, what I expected to be fair.

I'm waiting to complete the new order before I play the old blood but from what I've heard, the old blood is a really good game.

Going back a month I got the witcher 3 and metal gear solid 5 on the steam summer sale, haven't really played both of them as they will probably consume all me free time.

ARMA3:APEX, expansion for the base arma3, not bad, adds a multiplayer campaign, a new map and lots of new gear and vehicles.

The broadband speed in Kilmarnock is disgusting. My COD install is running at 1.78 mbps and as a result after about 9 hours I'm only 78% installed.

I only really bought it after having one of those wee spells yesterday where you just "want" a game. By the time it installs my passion for it may be gone.

Has anyone bought Streetfighter V?

Was slated on release as it was sold as a full retail priced game and the only content in it was multiplayer, and even then most characters were only available via micro transactions

Maybe they have fixed it and added a campaign, who knows

Just started playing Lego Jurassic Park with my 4 year old - loads of fun with good puzzles.

Been away from home for two months going back to Witcher 3 Hearts of Stone - a definite increase in the difficulty from the main story.

Bought Hard Rain as it was on sale in the PS4 store. Not too sure about it but only played for a couple of hours - the controls are pretty annoying.

As soon as I put Witcher 3 on again that will be the only thing getting played (after the kids go to bed), just got a new 4K TV and it looks amazing!

1 hour ago, Saigon Raider said:

Just started playing Lego Jurassic Park with my 4 year old - loads of fun with good puzzles.

Been away from home for two months going back to Witcher 3 Hearts of Stone - a definite increase in the difficulty from the main story.

Bought Hard Rain as it was on sale in the PS4 store. Not too sure about it but only played for a couple of hours - the controls are pretty annoying.

As soon as I put Witcher 3 on again that will be the only thing getting played (after the kids go to bed), just got a new 4K TV and it looks amazing!

If you think Lego Jurassic Park is fun you need to get your hands on Lego Avengers for you and the wee one, absolute belter of a game.

14 minutes ago, Saigon Raider said:

Cheers for that, it is in the sale as well. Works out at £15 in the Indonesian PS store.

Worth every penny. When the story is complete theres still endless hours of fun to be had.

After couple years of Battlefield absence I bought Battlefield 4 as on sale at £4. Still got skills it seems and was killing folk fairly easily. Will tide me over until Battlefield 1 is released.

Archived