Aberdeen vs St Johnstone

Alex_14

f**k all wrong with Aberdeen players cheering tbh, natural that you'd be delighted to get the weakest of 3 teams in the semis, these guys have also just won a quarter final in the 90th minute at home and are back in the dressing room celebrating too. Don't think there would've been the same exuberance if the draw was the next afternoon after training or whatever. Can't believe a deals being made out of it

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah but Alloa would rightly find reaching the Final as a great achievement, the Aberdeen players shouldn't, if they are genuine about wanting to challenge Celtic.

Yer missing the point winning the cup would be an achievement and to do that you need to get through the earlier rounds.

the Dons unlike other clubs only list wins in the match programme.

lastly now that Celtic have a manager who knows what he's doing it's unlikely anyone including the tribute act will get anywhere near them for years.the 2 cups remain all other clubs best chance of a trophy and if you can't celebrate getting a step closer then what's the point.

You can celebrate it yeah, but for players to be dancing and singing around the dressing room seems a touch excessive for a club of your "standing"

22 minutes ago, Dubford don said:

If a team is not looking to win the cup they shouldn't enter it.

all football teams celebrate a cup win as it means you are one step closer,why would last night be any different.

Does that apply to the UEFA Cup when it's almost impossible to get beyond the preliminaries?

You can celebrate it yeah, but for players to be dancing and singing around the dressing room seems a touch excessive for a club of your "standing"

They were doing that before the draw, Wright was asked about the tunnel incident/shutting dressing room door in his interview live on TV and during that interview you heard them celebrating the draw which had just been made a minute earlier

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Feel like you're exaggerating a bit here.

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

They were doing that before the draw

Yeah, which is the point. They shouldn't find reaching the Semis an achievement worthy of that.

1 minute ago, cmontheloknow said:

Does that apply to the UEFA Cup when it's almost impossible to get beyond the preliminaries?

I like the Dons to be in Europe as it's an indication of a fairly good previous season.

i obviously want them to do as well as possible but when we go out its not for me anyway as disappointing  as losing a domestic cup game as that's a realistic chance of a cup gone.

eufa have ruined the Europa league by making it a dumping ground for champions league failures and as you said clubs from countries like Scotland have nearly no chance.

when Aberdeen won the cwc they played a total of 11 games,to win the Europa league from our starting position would require 23.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah, which is the point. They shouldn't find reaching the Semis an achievement worthy of that.

Scoring a last minute winner against a stuffy team in the quarter final of a national cup competition after a poor start to the season isn't worth celebrating?

Sound.

3 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Well we're oot so we'll never know. But I'd like to think maybe a couple would be quietly content, but most would just get on with it and face up to whatever challenge is put in front of us.

What kind of message does that send, players actually cheering because they avoided two teams they should be aspiring to be rivals with?  Can you imagine Man Utd players cheering cos they avoided playing Man City or Liverpool in a cup draw, or Madrid players cheering cos they avoided playing Barca in a cup semi. The more you think about it the worse it is, they should be relishing a challenge. It's incredibly small time.

Thats possibly why teams like Saints or Inverness have overachieved these past few seasons, and Aberdeen possibly underachieve.  Mentally weak.  McInnes should clear a few of them out or the Dons will always just hover around where they are without kicking on.

The only time the Dons just didn't "hover around" was when Ferguson was in charge.

Would you say Hibs have just been hovering around since the days of the Famous Five?
And Hearts since the Terrible Trio hung up their boots?

Dundee United since the 80s?
Dundee and Kilmarnock never even hovered.

Come on tae f**k RG you must be joking

I used to be like that after I won a game in the amateurs it's why people play football to enjoy moments like that, it was a last minute quarter final win at home!!

59 minutes ago, Dubford don said:

I like the Dons to be in Europe as it's an indication of a fairly good previous season.

i obviously want them to do as well as possible but when we go out its not for me anyway as disappointing  as losing a domestic cup game as that's a realistic chance of a cup gone.

eufa have ruined the Europa league by making it a dumping ground for champions league failures and as you said clubs from countries like Scotland have nearly no chance.

when Aberdeen won the cwc they played a total of 11 games,to win the Europa league from our starting position would require 23.

Yeah odds are well stacked against Aberdeen in Europe the way UEFA have tinkered and tweaked it to suit the bigger nations.

And yes  going out the domestic cup is always a disappointment but the amount of times we come off best against either of the rancid boils is so rare that I don't see us kicking off the season expecting to get to a final or to win either. Times have changed. 

I first went to a Dons game in the twilight of the Fergie era and in the time since I can remember the 4 trophies won - that's 4 in 30 years as that first game was pretty much 30 years to the day at Castle Greyskull (Still Open) and I've never set foot in the place since!

Come on tae f**k RG you must be joking

I used to be like that after I won a game in the amateurs it's why people play football to enjoy moments like that, it was a last minute quarter final win at home!!

Exactly this. Winning any game is deeply satisfying at whatever level it's played at. It should be a great feeling if you are in any way competitive and you care. My son dances round the room if he beats me at table football or goes in a huff If I save one of his pen's in the garden and I enjoy the fact sport will have an edge to it for him.

I'm fairly sure when Saints beat Aberdeen, which is hardly rare, they go nuts too. Perhaps they did last time and it was part of the reason the home players enjoyed it as much last night?

When Saints did us at Ibrox in the SC Semi I was pissed at our collapse but I still shook hands with many of their fans I met in the boozer in Auchterarder and wished them all the best.

As long as the Dons players weren't behaving like total tits it's fine.
them the best.

Minter for the Saints fans trying to say they shouldn't celebrate getting Morton. It's fucking Morton ffs. It's a bye to a final. Think of the player cash bonuses.... I'd be celebrating like f**k, helicoptering whoever's at the dressing room door.

^^^ sobbing uncontrollably

Good luck in the Forfarshire Cup and whatever other trophies your bumpkin outfit will be targeting success in this season.

1474658510768.jpg.54a4f91c190d4ba21dcba0

14 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

^^^ sobbing uncontrollably

Good luck in the Forfarshire Cup and whatever other trophies your bumpkin outfit will be targeting success in this season.

1474658510768.jpg

Its pretty cute how excited you are about making a League Cup Semi-Final. Remember and post all the photos you take of Hampden.

Archived