Morton v Dundee United - Betfred 2016 1/4 final

banana

2 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

Three opportunities to visit Greenock this season. Good stuff. Haven't been since that game in '96 when we were both going for promotion. 13 years old, right at the fence that separated the fans in the Cow Shed. Airborne bottles of blackcurrant Hooch and a United scarf set on fire and promptly returned to its owner. Bus windows smashed after the game by some young team. Glorious.

As a resident of St Mary's you would have thought Greenock was normal too.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, MacGafraidh said:

You went tae Greenock on holiday? I got stuck with Anstruther!

Trust me you got the better deal.  Greenock looks like they're continually filming 'Night of the Living Dead'.

This game will all come down to how many goals Jai Quitongo decides he wants to score. Lee Kilday won't let in any at the back so even if Jai decides he'll have a goal then semi final here we come.

Think its shocking bt have ignored his game, £80,000 to the home team whos games are televised, would have paid for another few players for a team like us, but i guess celtic alloa will be a much better spectacle, on the plus side the tv gantry wont be in the cowshed to dampen the atmosphere and restrict the view, morton win in extra time [emoji106]

19 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Ibiza - 5 star hotel too.  We don't usually go 5 star but got a deal, problem is if you get a drink poolside the prices are out the box.  Where abouts in Lanzarote are you going to?

Are we at the same level?  We may be in the same league but until we play each other I think it will be hard to judge if we are at the same level.  I agree having the draw at home certainly works in your favour.

Of course we are. We will be playing at the same level for 36 games this season and possibly longer.You may well pump us 4 times or vise versa but we will still be competing at the same level.

2 hours ago, madton said:

Of course we are. We will be playing at the same level for 36 games this season and possibly longer.You may well pump us 4 times or vise versa but we will still be competing at the same level.

Fair enough I don't want to labour the point.  Neither do I want to fall out with Morton supporters as going by this thread you are all very nice, sensible, decent folk.

Getting relegated was a huge disappointment but at least we now have less interaction on here with the bitter Dees and 'wee team mentality' St Johnstone fans.  Not to mention the fans of Scotland's newest club.

Should definitely be a live match, expect it to be a great competitive cup tie. It makes it even better for those going that it's not though, as should guarantee a decent crowd and a great atmosphere.

No ill-will to United, but I'd like to see Morton get to the semi-final; Utd have had more than their fair share of them anyway!  It'd be good to see someone different represented and for the whole of Greenock to get behind them for the day. They will inevitably be facing either half of the establishment, obviously.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived