Morton v Dundee United - Betfred 2016 1/4 final

banana

United enter their 15th (FIFTEENTH) cup quarter final in a row on a high after sweeping away Premiership cracks Pumped Thistle in a tidal wave of fast flowing football metronomed by perennial MVP Willo Flood and sworded by young Cammy Smith.

Morton were less spectacular in their beating of Premiership relegation favourites Hamilton, though impressively came from a goal down away from home.

Interestingly, the last time the teams met in the cup was a 3-1 United win in September 2003, a mere 16 and a half years after United went P4 W4 in competitive games against Barcelona, a world record that stands to this day.

Morton 1-2 Dundee United (Durnan o.g., VDV, Smith).

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who do Dundee Utd fans want in the semi final? And what positions do you want to strengthen in January with the semis prize and tv money?

Good question. I would say rangers in the semi followed by an insipid 2-0 defeat to alloa in the final.

It seems players are constantly asking to come on trial with united at the moment so will have to wait and see what the team looks like nearer the time. ATM I would guess our CB pairing would may be 4th or 5th best in league 2.

Delighted with the draw, home advantage against a team at the same level as us, should have a good chance of progressing.

Aberdeen, St Johnstone and the Old firm would have been difficult so glad to have avoided them.

4 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

Off somewhere nice, Granny? I think we're away to Lanzarote that week (provided the wee one's passport comes through in time).

Ibiza - 5 star hotel too.  We don't usually go 5 star but got a deal, problem is if you get a drink poolside the prices are out the box.  Where abouts in Lanzarote are you going to?

3 minutes ago, madton said:

Delighted with the draw, home advantage against a team at the same level as us, should have a good chance of progressing.

Aberdeen, St Johnstone and the Old firm would have been difficult so glad to have avoided them.

Are we at the same level?  We may be in the same league but until we play each other I think it will be hard to judge if we are at the same level.  I agree having the draw at home certainly works in your favour.

10 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Are we at the same level?  We may be in the same league but until we play each other I think it will be hard to judge if we are at the same level.  I agree having the draw at home certainly works in your favour.

Obviously not. I'd settle for keeping Utd down to 5 or less tbh. I'd just rest our key players and focus on trailing in the tangerine wake in the league.

27 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Ibiza - 5 star hotel too.  We don't usually go 5 star but got a deal, problem is if you get a drink poolside the prices are out the box.  Where abouts in Lanzarote are you going to?

Playa Blanca. Meant to be nice.  5 star too so I'm expecting to be able to watch the game whilst lounging in the pool. It's a hard life.

21 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Obviously not. I'd settle for keeping Utd down to 5 or less tbh. I'd just rest our key players and focus on trailing in the tangerine wake in the league.

Not sure about trailing in our wake.  The only two things that are certain so far is that our defence is still as shakey as f**k and that we are consistently inconsistent.

5 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Playa Blanca. Meant to be nice.  5 star too so I'm expecting to be able to watch the game whilst lounging in the pool. It's a hard life.

Playa Blanca is lovely, more so if you like to walk/stroll as you can get from one end of the resort to the other and only cross a couple of roads.  If you are eating out at any time try the restaurants at the Marina rather than the town centre.  Little Italy is particularly good. Casa Roja is awful.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

If you're staying at the Intertur Haweii, that's the dogs bollocks

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

1 hour ago, Pull My Strings said:

33 minutes ago, Marr1 said:

If you're staying at the Intertur Haweii, that's the dogs bollocks

Fuxake, we better get the place tidied up for these posh c***s coming on the 20th. I take it they'll all be in hospitality (or are they saving that for the semi finals onwards)

Looking forward to a decent attendance for this potentially cracking fixture. I think this one might be the telly's loss  (hoping)

Three opportunities to visit Greenock this season. Good stuff. Haven't been since that game in '96 when we were both going for promotion. 13 years old, right at the fence that separated the fans in the Cow Shed. Airborne bottles of blackcurrant Hooch and a United scarf set on fire and promptly returned to its owner. Bus windows smashed after the game by some young team. Glorious.

Archived