League cup Rangers v Queen of the South

SUPERSOUTH

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

57dff8f11e0c1_ImageUploadedByPieBovril14

It's genuinely incredible the odds being offered on The Messiah. I'm fully aware no one gives a shit about our division now that mob are up, but surely the second highest scorer in the league deserves a bit more credit? As I've said elsewhere I'm not complaining, I'm cashing in.

What makes that picture even more incredible is that they reckon Dobbie has as much chance of scoring as Connor Murray; who is currently on loan at Gretna :lol:

ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1474296046.006894.jpg

It's genuinely incredible the odds being offered on The Messiah. I'm fully aware no one gives a shit about our division now that mob are up, but surely the second highest scorer in the league deserves a bit more credit? As I've said elsewhere I'm not complaining, I'm cashing in.

What makes that picture even more incredible is that they reckon Dobbie has as much chance of scoring as Connor Murray; who is currently on loan at Gretna[emoji38]

Baffling. At those odds I fancy a wee flutter. On Stephen dobbie though not Connor Murray [emoji23] [emoji23]

17 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1474296046.006894.jpg

What makes that picture even more incredible is that they reckon Dobbie has as much chance of scoring as Connor Murray; who is currently on loan at Gretna :lol:

But marginally better odds than Aidan Smith who is currently on loan at Annan I see. Why on earth is Connor Murray, a 19 year old with precisely zero first team appearances to his name, even quoted, never mind what he's quoted at!!!

53 minutes ago, Bearwithme said:

Senderos surely has to be given a game to see if he can settle in. Maybe Queens fans will welcome this but hey ho. It would also be good if Crooks got some game time.

I see this as a tricky tie.

Grasshoppers kept making that mistake during the second half of last season. He was absolutely brutal in most of his games there.

In terms of personnel it is hard to predict what kind of line up Rangers will go for as they've been chopping and changing so much. The game plan won't change much regardless of who they play. At the moment they are still creating a lot of chances so it could be a long night if they are on their game, fortunately they combination of Dobbie and the fact they have a central defence that is hilariously rotten means that we'll  get chances if we hang in there. If we could almost get a point twice with a hapless side, then with a side  build quite well to counter attacking means we have a better shot than usual. The worry defensively is Hammill against quicker player though Wallace and McKay haven't had the  greatest of starts. 

I wouldn't change too much as long as everyone is fit,apart from Dykes in for Hilson, as Dykes is quicker and less likely to get a stupid booking, and put Dobbie in the hole to support the midfield though he does that anyway. We're still underdogs but I doubt we'll be better equipped to spring an upset than with this squad and Rangers apparently this vulnerable, the murmurings about Warburton might get a bit louder if they go out of  what is their best opportunity to salvage this season.

3 hours ago, Sloop John B said:

In terms of personnel it is hard to predict what kind of line up Rangers will go for as they've been chopping and changing so much. The game plan won't change much regardless of who they play. At the moment they are still creating a lot of chances so it could be a long night if they are on their game, fortunately they combination of Dobbie and the fact they have a central defence that is hilariously rotten means that we'll  get chances if we hang in there. If we could almost get a point twice with a hapless side, then with a side  build quite well to counter attacking means we have a better shot than usual. The worry defensively is Hammill against quicker player though Wallace and McKay haven't had the  greatest of starts. 

I wouldn't change too much as long as everyone is fit,apart from Dykes in for Hilson, as Dykes is quicker and less likely to get a stupid booking, and put Dobbie in the hole to support the midfield though he does that anyway. We're still underdogs but I doubt we'll be better equipped to spring an upset than with this squad and Rangers apparently this vulnerable, the murmurings about Warburton might get a bit louder if they go out of  what is their best opportunity to salvage this season.

Pretty much this.

I don't expect us to win this tie, but it's not totally inconceivable.

Rangers apparently created a lot of chances on Saturday.  You'd imagine that if they do that again, a couple are likely to result in goals.  The key is our capacity to stay in the game.  There's no doubt that if we're still in touch into the second half, we have the firepower to hurt them.  I think we're likely to find it harder to get the ball usefully forward than has usually been the case of late though.

1 hour ago, thepundit said:

I think Rangers will. To be fair he's played better than most fans thought he would so far.

How low can the expectations be that he was part of a thrashing against your main rival, he was sent off  bizarrely and was at fault for at least one of the goals and he did better than expected?! Outside of  scoring an own goal and completing the full Jonathan Woodgate crap debut as well as killing a puppy and making racist remarks, he really couldn't have done any worse. If his reputation for shiteness didn't proceed him you would have thought he was being bribed to play that badly.

47 minutes ago, thepundit said:

I think Rangers will. To be fair he's played better than most fans thought he would so far.

:lol:

He played in one game and was utterly shit, as everyone expected it to be, and seemed to decide he had enough, got himself sent off and got off the pitch with more pace than he used the entire game.

12 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

:lol:

He played in one game and was utterly shit, as everyone expected it to be, and seemed to decide he had enough, got himself sent off and got off the pitch with more pace than he used the entire game.

Dom, I feel dirty in saying this but I agree with you.  We should never have signed the bloke.

Keeping our discipline will be vital if we are to have any chance in this tie- Hamill worries me in this regard and Ithink Anderson will have to double up defensively to thwart the marauding Wallace. Hope Hamill doesnt keep diving in recklessly as he will be an easy target for the boo boys as he was at Easter Road.

This will be an extremely big ask for us and I just wonder if it might be worth us including Higgy in a back 3 or back 5 to keep us in the game as long as possible. We have obvious quality in final third but as always at Ibrox it is vital not to ship early goals and make it mission impossible.

Four times I've been to Ibrox to see Queens in recent seasons - I've missed a couple of trips.

Four times I've seen us score first.

We've only won once though and that was on penalties.  I'd love us to win it tonight, but I don't think it's likely.  Hopefully though, we've got a chance.

Archived