League cup Rangers v Queen of the South

SUPERSOUTH

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, bennett said:

What's more important to you, beating Rangers in a cup or beating hibs and opening up a decent gap?

Definitely scudding Rangers like it is the 'Banter Years' all over again to get to a semi final of a national competition.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

What's more important to you, beating Rangers in a cup or beating hibs and opening up a decent gap?

We've had this debate on the Queens thread.

For me, it's the cup tie.  

We could lose to Hibs, but remain well placed in the League.  Obviously, losing to Rangers eliminates us from the latter stages of a Cup.  I'd love to have us make a semi final at somewhere like Tynecastle.

We're playing quite well as a team  this season, but the difference that keeps winning us games really is Stephen Dobbie.  If we can keep in touch with Rangers, we've a decent chance because he makes things happen for us in every game.

23 minutes ago, Sloop John B said:

What is the situation with suspensions? Is there anyone missing or were they wiped after the group stage?

Wiped after the group stage. Nobody suspended. Dowie, Hamill and Jacobs all booked at Easter Road are a booking away from missing a semi final or first tie next season.

The league game is far more important for me. But I will be there Tomorrow and as has been said, on current form no reason why we can't get a result in both.

I would be quite happy if the likes of Rigg started and one or two were rested. but I fully expect Skelton to go full strength.

I much prefer going into games with low expectations, but our form justifies the confident feeling amongst our fans. It's still a bit of a free game for us in so far as even reaching this stage is better than normal, and losing at Ibrox wouldn't be a massive shock.

It's pretty clear this Rangers team isn't anything special though. We certainly stand a better chance of winning than the generous 11/1 currently on offer.

This is a good time to be playing Rangers. I think being at Ibrox might be helpful. The natives are a bit restless going in and any sign of a poor performance and the crowd will be on their backs. And with QotS having some momentum behind them, I can honestly see them doing the job.

Archived