League cup Rangers v Queen of the South

SUPERSOUTH

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, BobWilliamson said:

So i didn't say Jacobs challenge was worse. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

So a two footed tackle isn't worse than someone being a touch late for a 50/50 ? Interesting. Think Fifa will need to look at these rules again. 

14 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

To be fair at no point did I suggest you should play Barton ahead of Halliday. Barton may indeed be finished. Nor did I say Halliday was a bad player. He is a decent one. I just dont think he is anywhere near as good as you made him out to be. In my opinion Holt is a much better midfielder. You probably need better players than Halliday to consistently challenge at the top. I have been wrong before though and whilst I have seen a bit of him over the years including his time as a youngster at Livi, you will undoubtedly have seen more of him.

Hey it's all about opinions. I like players who aren't one trick ponies. That's why at present I would choose Halliday before Barton. Halliday has more attributes. Comparing Holt is slightly more difficult as he has attributes that I like. If it was a straight choice it would depend on who the opposition was and what position I  wanted to fill. In the present team I have tbh I would probably find a position for Halliday. Holt, Windass and Forrester may have to compete with each other. On saying that depending on the opposition the 4 could be on the park at the same time playing Halliday in the holding midfield role. 

Rangers v QOS match report (Queens official)

Interesting that the official QOS match report has a pic of Derek Lyle being (clearly!!) wrestled in the no free kick/penalty incident just before Rangers 2nd, but makes no mention of it in the body of the text. I thought it was a turning point in the game as we seemed to drop heads after it.

Rangers v QOS match report (Queens official)

Interesting that the official QOS match report has a pic of Derek Lyle being (clearly!!) wrestled in the no free kick/penalty incident just before Rangers 2nd, but makes no mention of it in the body of the text. I thought it was a turning point in the game as we seemed to drop heads after it.

The photographer doesn't write the match reports. Presumably the guy who does didn't have as good a view of the incident from the press box.

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

The photographer doesn't write the match reports. Presumably the guy who does didn't have as good a view of the incident from the press box.

This. And also the photos are added after the report is written, not done at the same time. From the Main Stand I thought Lyle had been fouled but we didnt have a great view of it. Whereas we were in prime position to see the Forrester incident.

12 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

This. And also the photos are added after the report is written, not done at the same time. From the Main Stand I thought Lyle had been fouled but we didnt have a great view of it. Whereas we were in prime position to see the Forrester incident.

Fair enough. Usually the photos are fitted in with some relevance to the text then. 

17 hours ago, bennett said:

Brendan Rogers claiming that bt sports hardly mentioned the Forrester incident.

It's not biased punditry unless Sutton is a massive hibby too. during the play off game v Falkirk he went on and on about the Mcracken handball. 

Brendan Rogers claiming that bt sports hardly mentioned the Forrester incident.

FFS the Celtic's paranoia continues!

The Forrester incident got plenty of airtime....should have seen red.

I sincerely hope either Morton or Aberdeen's name is on the cup this season.

FTOF.

18 hours ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

I sincerely hope either Morton or Aberdeen's name is on the cup this season.

Hopefully watching another team being successful will be an adequate consolation for you. I doubt it'll make much difference after being humbled 5-0 but each to their own!... :)

Archived