Celtic v Alloa

Romeo

Delighted with the effort we put in tonight put in a hard shift for the full 90 minutes, As the 2nd half was going on you could see Celtic starting to up the pressure and we struggled to get out of our own half, Goodwin got injured just before the first goal which I think is why he tried the scorpion kick like clearance but no disgrace in losing 2-0 to Celtic who have been handing out big defeats to other domestic opposition in recent weeks.

Oh and Gordon is an animal that tackle was a disgrace! straight leg studs showing even after the ball bounced away from him and Spence.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Had an over priced watery coffee for the princely sum of 2 pound fucking 20.

As for the game, resolute defending, the inability to hit a coos arse with a banjo and a couple of good saves from the Alloa keeper made it a difficult night.

Still, it's a game won and looking forward to the next game.

I just get a hot chocolate there when attending because the coffee is so shit. Was tempted once to buy a pizza in the Jock Stein stand last year because it was so dry and hard I wanted to find out if I could have made the thing fly to the other side of the stadium. :lol:

Steak n gravy pies are no bad.

I was worried about another Red Imps type of result up until Forrest managed to bang one in, phew. It felt like trying to convince a virgin to get her knickers off, until a price was settled. :rolleyes:

Terrific effort by every Alloa player, Andy Graham and Parry in particular.

Didn't think it was a red card at the game, have seen the TV replays and still feel the same though. Crazy challenge however, and if the roles were reversed and it was our keeper, you do wonder.

Anyway, brilliant performance by the team and good turnout. Back to the bread and butter after a history making league cup campaign and some well earned money in the back pocket.

Terrific performance from Alloa. Don't agree with the suggestion that the Celtic goal "was coming", they were struggling to break us down and we looked good for extra time. Lost the ball in the middle of the park and got caught. 

My hope tonight was that we'd give a good account of ourselves and not get humped. We achieved that, and I actually came away a little disappointed that it ended 2-0. Great credit to the players and to Jack Ross, a lesson for Rodgers in how you set up in such circumstances. 

Good thread this. In the main it's good to see the mutual respect between the both sets of fans. As I previously said, Alloa deserve a lot of credit for tonight's efforts & I wish them well in League One this season.

Glad to see the Alloa fans enjoyed their visit to Celtic Park & there is no whinging about stewards, restricted views or those nasty Celtic fans. Must have been a different corner we allocated to them than the usual away section for them to have enjoyed their trip :rolleyes:

I wonder if this could catch on in the Premiership forum :lol:

47 minutes ago, Davie Bhoy said:

Good thread this. In the main it's good to see the mutual respect between the both sets of fans. As I previously said, Alloa deserve a lot of credit for tonight's efforts & I wish them well in League One this season.

Glad to see the Alloa fans enjoyed their visit to Celtic Park & there is no whinging about stewards, restricted views or those nasty Celtic fans. Must have been a different corner we allocated to them than the usual away section for them to have enjoyed their trip :rolleyes:

I wonder if this could catch on in the Premiership forum :lol:

The stewards were useless, celtic park is a dump, the behaviour of the fans beside us was appalling!

Better? :lol:

Don't agree with the suggestion that the Celtic goal "was coming", they were struggling to break us down and we looked good for extra time.

Indeed, Waspie. The goal came when Celtic looked to have run out of ideas a bit.

We were outstanding last night. Support was fantastic for the full ninety minutes.

I didn't think Craig Gordon's challenge was a red at the game, but seeing it on TV I'd say it was. Jack Ross dealt with the question well in his post match interview. He's an impressive guy.

1 minute ago, printer said:

I didn't think Craig Gordon's challenge was a red at the game, but seeing it on TV I'd say it was. Jack Ross dealt with the question well in his post match interview. He's an impressive guy.

One of those frustrating challenges that goalkeepers get away with, but if it had been a centre half would likely have saw red.

Indeed, Waspie. The goal came when Celtic looked to have run out of ideas a bit.

We were outstanding last night. Support was fantastic for the full ninety minutes.

Jack Ross is Dundee manager in waiting if Sir Hartley moves on.

19 hours ago, DAVIDB69 said:

A little bit of flirting from Brendan in the interview

:lol: I kinda thought that myself. Would have he looked at Chris Sutton in the same manner? :lol: 

On the red card. Yes goalies seem to get away with this challenge more often than not when they come charging out of their goals. If this foul had been committed by an outfield player them imo it would have been a red. 

Imo that's 3 OF players that should have been red carded in their last 3 matches. Sviatchenko, Forrester and Gordon. 

Btw. I was tipped off about him and watched Neil Parry as a 19/20 year old playing for Petershill juniors and strongly recommended him. Who would have thought mom at Celtic Park ten years on. Think from memory I was told he is a Celtic fan. 

Defeat with honour, Wasps.  This QoS fan is more than a bit envious of the performance your team put in. Just seen the Craig Gordon challenge - ye gods! Stick on red.

Another bottler in black.

Good luck with the rest of your season.

Archived