Points for Wembley.

paulbrucerick

Looking at the current points table it's a guaranteed ticket for two pointers and a scramble for those on one. Still praying they sell them before the Slovakia game as that would guarantee me unless there's a really weird shift on points based on the Malta game going on and Poland coming off.

They shouldnt/wont sell them before Slovakia

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Judging by the SSC's Twitter feed they'll be on sale post-Slovakia. There's only 1877 tickets for Slovakia, but we had 6200 at Nigeria - the game that will drop off - so there's going to be a huge number of people dropping points you'd expect-probably a fair chunk of those on one and two points.

Pre-Malta there were about 9,250 members on points, approximately 6,250 on 2+. Even if those numbers doesn't drop and just stay static there would be a minimum of 1,350 to share between the 3,028 one pointers, and that's making the rather large assumption that every single person with points goes to Wembley. The allocation guarantees 80% of those currently with points a ticket, including almost half of those only on one.

Still worried my flights and hotels are going to go to waste of course!

Points Table updated. 2+ guaranteed with 6587 on 2 or more points, leaves at least 1000 odd for 1 pointers.

Correct as of 7 September 2016
Total Members: 28,130

Current members by number of points:

10: 203
9: 297
8: 434

7: 645
6: 687
5: 845
4: 990

3: 1,136
2: 1,350
1: 3,044 
0: 18,499

Assuming the Slovakia points (I think allocation around 1700?) are to be added and Nigeria subtracted, 2+ is definitely guaranteed, and at least 8000 people currently with points will lose one. Most of them will be 1/2 pointers dropping the Nigeria game. There's actually a fairly good chance that 7600 tickets will virtually guarantee pretty much anyone with any points a ticket. Approx 9600 people on points just now - if you lose 1500 one pointers from the Nigeria game, for example, you'd be very unlucky to miss out on a ticket.

Great News! Everyone on 2 points guaranteed a ticket and at least 1000 folk on one point could get a ticket. This is all assuming that every single person buys a ticket which is highly unlikely. They'll no doubt be plenty tickets floating about come the game as well with supporters groups buying tickets but folk not being able to make the game. Can't see how anyone can argue with this as there have been plenty games over the past ten that people could have got to.

Great News! Everyone on 2 points guaranteed a ticket and at least 1000 folk on one point could get a ticket. This is all assuming that every single person buys a ticket which is highly unlikely. They'll no doubt be plenty tickets floating about come the game as well with supporters groups buying tickets but folk not being able to make the game. Can't see how anyone can argue with this as there have been plenty games over the past ten that people could have got to.

Eh,no supporters groups can buy tickets,you can bulk buy for friends/ family if all have enough points through there membership of the ssc

Aye that's what I do as you get your seats next to each other if the money paid for the tickets come off that same card. Pain in the arse though as I'm on 7 and my other two mates are on 3.

I'm on 6 points but will drop down to 5 after Slovakia. As mentioned, assuming the points are calculated after the Slovakia game, the Nigeria game dropping off will mean a lot of people moving down in points.

Anyone on 1 point should get a ticket if they're quick enough!

I'm on 6 points but will drop down to 5 after Slovakia. As mentioned, assuming the points are calculated after the Slovakia game, the Nigeria game dropping off will mean a lot of people moving down in points.

Anyone on 1 point should get a ticket if they're quick enough!

Think that's likely to be the case. I suspect anything up to half (who knows, maybe even more) of those on one point will be dropping Nigeria and they won't be getting a Slovakia ticket to replace the point. That would leave only about 8100 people with points at all fighting it out for 7600 tickets. You'd be very unlucky to miss out given you'd expect that, despite the appeal of it, not every single member will be taking up the opportunity of a ticket.

• 4 weeks later...

0 pointer, quietly confident, you can expect a few harvesters will be caught out, a majority pick up so people will bail, and at least 4000 for 0 pointers.

The bad news? 18000 are on zero points [emoji23]

Ooft, might actually get a ticket now.  Had planned to go down and visit a mate and watch it down there, but if I can pick up a couple of tickets I'll be delighted.

What sort of timeframe are we looking at for when the sales start?  Particularly for the diddies like me on no points.

Just now, forameus said:

Ooft, might actually get a ticket now.  Had planned to go down and visit a mate and watch it down there, but if I can pick up a couple of tickets I'll be delighted.

What sort of timeframe are we looking at for when the sales start?  Particularly for the diddies like me on no points.

England v Scotland
Friday 11 November 2016 –  Kick-off: 19.45 
Wembley Stadium, London

We are pleased to confirm that after negotiation with the FA, we have secured an enhanced allocation of 13,700 tickets for our visit to Wembley.

Tickets will go on sale to members on 1-10 points from 12 noon on Friday 14th October until 11.59am on Monday 17th October at http://tickets.scottishfa.co.uk

After this period, tickets will be available to all SSC members from 12 noon on Monday 17th October until 12 noon on Wednesday 19 October 2016.

This is on a first come, first served basis.

It is important that all fans looking to buy tickets and travel to London read our FAQS by clicking here.

We hope you enjoy the Lithuania and Slovakia games and thank you again for your continued support of the Scotland National Teams.

Supporters Centre

Archived