Points for Wembley.

paulbrucerick

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Booked flights and my mates sofa in Croydon. Four points, so should be OK! 

Me and my pals are all on 0 points, were still going down for a drink and hoping to pick up some tickets.

Helps when you know some people who stay nearby too.

Malta is my 4th point, picked up my Euros today and looking forward to the weekend.

All points collected since the start of the last campaign and as long as a decent allocation feel will be fine for Wembley.

Not doing Slovakia as can't make every game but expect it will be such a small allocation it won't make a difference to the number of people on various points.

Buzzing to get out to Malta, then the wait for the news on the Wembley allocation.

I used to go to loads of Scotland games in my teens but haven't been in years.

However I think this is the perfect time to apply the logic that smaller clubs fans hit out with to justify them getting a ticket for cup finals.

I never go watch Scotland anymore but it doesn't matter, this is a showpiece game, a day out & I think the people who go all the time can afford to miss out because after all, how many England games have they been to whereas I've been to none.

I now await the abuse because we know that argument now looks ridiculous when applied to Scotland games :lol:

Although, seriously....I would like a ticket for the Scotland v England game.

However I think this is the perfect time to apply the logic that smaller clubs fans hit out with to justify them getting a ticket for cup finals.

I never go watch Scotland anymore but it doesn't matter, this is a showpiece game, a day out & I think the people who go all the time can afford to miss out because after all, how many England games have they been to whereas I've been to none.

I now await the abuse because we know that argument now looks ridiculous when applied to Scotland games :lol:

Stop talking shite.

I now await the abuse because we know that argument now looks ridiculous when applied to Scotland games[emoji38]

You are a fucking idiot who ruins every thread you post on.

You honestly think cup final tickets shouldn't be split 50/50 between the teams involved (as long as both teams are able to sell that many)?

Not when one team gets nowhere near the allocation they want for their average home games while the other would need the entire ground. Should be rewarding the loyal fans who go to the home games, just as they do with Scotland games.

You are a fucking idiot who ruins every thread you post on.

Your a fucking get idiot who just doesn't like the fact I've used your same logic to prove a point.

It's not a valid comparison at all. Stop trying to shoehorn your irrelevant Old Firm shite in here.

Of course it's valid. It's a game of football where only the most deserving will get tickets.

Anyone trying to get a ticket for this who never goes and who's justifying why they should get a ticket by saying...

- It's a family occassion
- I don't get to see many of these occasions
- It'll help attract new fans

Would rightly be rounded on & also told by the SFA to GTF. Good for cup finals when it suits but not for Scotland games.

47 minutes ago, Davie Bhoy said:

Not when one team gets nowhere near the allocation they want for their average home games while the other would need the entire ground. Should be rewarding the loyal fans who go to the home games, just as they do with Scotland games.

The way it works with Hampden is with sections. Both clubs allocation start in the middle of their allocated stand and fill out the stands on either side up to the initial allocation. If the demand for tickets is more than that, then tickets from those empty sections are released to that club or clubs. Pretty simple and straight forward.

If Celtic played Inverness CT at Hampden then the like outcome with tickets allocations would be Inverness CT for example would get the whole North Stand and Celtic would get the other three sides. You have to remember Hampden Park is a neutral venue for all football clubs bar Queen's Park and the national team. I've been to a few Scotland games where the away fans have been allocated in a few sections of the East stand closest to the North Stand. It would be safe to assume this is due to Scotland being the home team therefore would take the North/Main Stand.

Of course it's valid. It's a game of football where only the most deserving will get tickets.

Anyone trying to get a ticket for this who never goes and who's justifying why they should get a ticket by saying...

- It's a family occassion
- I don't get to see many of these occasions
- It'll help attract new fans

Would rightly be rounded on & also told by the SFA to GTF. Good for cup finals when it suits but not for Scotland games.

None of those three arguments apply to away tickets for Wembley at all. Tickets are allocated based on how many games have previously been attended, as they are for cup finals for most teams.

You're attempting to shoehorn in some old firm pish about only receiving 50% of the tickets for a neutral cup final. Cup finals are meant to be on a level playing field and that is represented in the ticket allocations. No one in England would suggest that Portsmouth, Hull or Crystal Palace shouldn't be given 50% of the Wembley allocation but the warped Old Firm superiority complex that exists in Scotland means that attitudes like yours exist. It's bad enough that teams have to travel from the far north to Glasgow for every semi final, often for midday kick offs which Celtic can't even sell 50% of the ground for (yet they'll demand even more if they get to the final).

Looking at the current points table it's a guaranteed ticket for two pointers and a scramble for those on one. Still praying they sell them before the Slovakia game as that would guarantee me unless there's a really weird shift on points based on the Malta game going on and Poland coming off.

Archived