Heads Gone (The 8MileBU Awards)

People are in love with the idea of victimhood.  When called out over anything that they do or say, the reflex action is to shift the conversation onto how hard-done by they are as though they are some sort of martyr.  This especially applies on P&B.  We had xbl comparing himself to a rape victim years ago, now we have Grim quoting Niemoller on the Holocaust but applying it to, er, red dotting on a forum?  All the while down playing someone who has had people attempting to cause serious harm to them.

4 minutes ago, Grim O'Grady said:

f**k me ICTJ, you must have read somethng between Lisa's lines. It all looked perfectly innocent to me? 

Lisa are you some kind of Doctor Noesque evil dictator? I think ICTJ has just outed you as such. Was it you that masterminded the whole Facebook horror story & wrote it in my accent/lingo? 

Grimbo 

I think you've just misunderstood that he was conflating 2 issues without really meaning what you think he's meaning.

Just now, Rugster said:

Well the last few days have been an eye opener, that's for sure.

An eye opener, I came in last night and had 20 fucking pages to catch up on, you get less for murder on here.

2 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

People are in love with the idea of victimhood.  When called out over anything that they do or say, the reflex action is to shift the conversation onto how hard-done by they are as though they are some sort of martyr.  This especially applies on P&B.  We had xbl comparing himself to a rape victim years ago, now we have Grim quoting Niemoller on the Holocaust but applying it to, er, red dotting on a forum?  All the while down playing someone who has had people attempting to cause serious harm to them.

Pretty sure Kilt quoted Niemoller when he was getting perpetually bodied all those years ago.

Just now, Nizzy said:

Wrong.

Come on Nizzy now. Everyone knows I'm on here more than any of the mods etc. 

I clearly recall the post, if only we could rely on TGIG to tell the truth, he openly admitted to joining Bobby in posting the Pilkington gifs etc before he got the pics from Bobby by PM. 

The Pilkington pics weren't started yesterday. If you checked the forum as much as me you'd be aware of this, I'm not sure why you all want to bury this but it's ok by me if that's what you all want? 

Grimbo 

4 minutes ago, sjc said:

Did you mean to quote me? I don't see the correlation with my post tbh.

Yes, I think moderating might actually be a wee bit easier after all this shite, I certainly wouldn't be volunteering though but that's because I'm a lazy b*****d and a bit of a bawbag.

Just now, ayrmad said:

Yes, I think moderating might actually be a wee bit easier after all this shite, I certainly wouldn't be volunteering though but that's because I'm a lazy b*****d and a bit of a bawbag.

I wouldn't hold your breath.

2 minutes ago, Grim O'Grady said:

I clearly recall the post, if only we could rely on TGIG to tell the truth, he openly admitted to joining Bobby in posting the Pilkington gifs etc before he got the pics from Bobby by PM. 

The Pilkington pics weren't started yesterday. If you checked the forum as much as me you'd be aware of this, I'm not sure why you all want to bury this but it's ok by me if that's what you all want? 

Grimbo 

Keep pushing. 

I think the most disturbing thing about this whole sorry episode is the way that people call a positive/negative reputation a green/red 'dot'. They are squares with slightly curved corners although admittedly that doesn't roll off the tongue quite as easily.

Grimbo 

The sharing of screenshots was clearly a reference to the sharing of the tweet 8MileBU sent Skidmarks. Any suggestion that Skidmarks or TGIG stalked 8MileBU and pulled off pics of him and his daughter is a risible deflection.

2 minutes ago, Nizzy said:

The sharing of screenshots was clearly a reference to the sharing of the tweet 8MileBU sent Skidmarks. Any suggestion that Skidmarks or TGIG stalked 8MileBU and pulled off pics of him and his daughter is a risible deflection.

OK no probs. 

Grimbo 

4 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I think the most disturbing thing about this whole sorry episode is the way that people call a positive/negative reputation a green/red 'dot'. They are squares with slightly curved corners although admittedly that doesn't roll off the tongue quite as easily.

Weren't they dots beforehand? I'm sure they were just wee green and red dots, as opposed to the "up and down" thing we have now.

2 minutes ago, smpar said:

Weren't they dots beforehand? I'm sure they were just wee green and red dots, as opposed to the "up and down" thing we have now.

I'm still too traumatised that my post count dropped 15,000 to remember anything from the old skin.