Heads Gone (The 8MileBU Awards)

The mask always slips. Had Gunther with his "Oh YAY I'M ACTUALLY REALLY PRO WOMEN HONEST!" thread on International Womens Day then comes out with the previously quoted shit. Grim as f**k.

Would other fanbases be any different?  If we signed Goodwillie in January and he shoots us to the Championship title I imagine some of our fans will come out with similar stuff, sadly.

11 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Would other fanbases be any different?  If we signed Goodwillie in January and he shoots us to the Championship title I imagine some of our fans will come out with similar stuff, sadly.

We’ve had at least four players in recent(ish) times who have had charges hanging over them for violence towards women. It doesn’t seem to register as a problem for clubs. 

31 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I'm sure many football fans would be willing to turn a blind eye to a player's behaviour in this kind of scenario. It's the instant jumping to victim blaming in the case of so many Clyde fans in that thread that makes the difference. I don't doubt that, unfortunately, some fans of every club would indulge in similar stuff, but the proportion of Clyde fans on that thread who jumped straight to 'hoor' style arguments was frightening.

While I could never find myself singing a player's name or actively cheering them in that scenario, I do have sympathy with the rehabilitation argument and there being no point in sacking players and stopping them ever being employed again - I don't see how anyone benefits if you chuck people with convictions on the dole in perpetuity. If people want to make an argument about these players still being entitled to play professional football then fine, but that can be done without attacking the victims of their crimes.

10 hours ago, smpar said:

Thankfully the more prominent Clyde posters on here and on General Nonsense etc don’t seem too bad but holy c**t there are some utter bams on that Clyde thread. Had no idea there were so many twats in their support.

You haven't had to share a Forum with them for the last 10 years!!

I could guarantee that if Goodwillie had signed for another League 2 club then the same victim blaming rape apologists would have been frothing at the mouth saying how disgraceful it was that that club had signed him. The good thing about Clyde fans is that they are generally too busy fighting with each other about how to reclaim their spot in the upper echelons of Scottish football to pay other teams much attention. Hopefully Sir Stewart of Petrie can lead us to promotion purely to get the fu*k away from these clowns.

Credit to the SFA. Someone browsing P&B in their offices must have noticed things were a bit quiet on the Championship Aggro front so issued yet another ban to a Falkirk player for conduct in a crappy cup game long, long ago. Falkirk fans not bothered by it of course (p2003 onwards)..

In the last 4 meetings of the teams we've seen 9 red cards or subsequent bans for...

L Martin

M Hippolyte

C Sibbald

L Miller

D Shiels

J McKee

K O'Hara

D McManus

K Higginbotham

Keep up the good work everyone. Roll on 2nd January. 

2 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

This is a very good point. "David Goodwillie, he does what he wants" was how it went, wasn't it? DABs getting off lightly here, imo.

That was exactly how it went; it was indefensible and I cant think of any P&B Arabs who tried to defend it.

Credit to the SFA. Someone browsing P&B in their offices must have noticed things were a bit quiet on the Championship Aggro front so issued yet another ban to a Falkirk player for conduct in a crappy cup game long, long ago. Falkirk fans not bothered by it of course (p2003 onwards)..

In the last 4 meetings of the teams we've seen 9 red cards or subsequent bans for...
L Martin
M Hippolyte
C Sibbald
L Miller
D Shiels
J McKee
K O'Hara
D McManus
K Higginbotham
Keep up the good work everyone. Roll on 2nd January. 

Some enjoyable reading in there, thanks.

Thankfully the more prominent Clyde posters on here and on General Nonsense etc don’t seem too bad but holy c**t there are some utter bams on that Clyde thread. Had no idea there were so many twats in their support.

Holy c**t? Holy c**t? I have never heard this turn of phrase before. Holy f**k, check, but not holy c**t. Is this a Christmas themed profanity?

Anyway, I'd take Goodwillie for the Rovers, if he was still any good. I wouldn't want any female relatives going to a party with him, though.

That 'nasty pervert' Lithgow was also at Clyde.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/12788151.Player_called__apos_nasty_pervert_apos__by_sheriff/

I see he's now at Livi. Good to see that sex pests and rapists can be rehabilitated through the power of lower league Scottish football.