North division

ICEMAN

Kirri defo deserved there win. Thornton never got going. But I'm sure the boys will bounce back. Tough game on sat away to scone. A lot of young guys at Thornton just now so always hard to get the balance right. Hopefully 3 points on sat

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree think 2 strikers would be better. Chris Ireland scored over 200 junior goals but not got the pace and a bit overweight just now. Another striker with pace beside him is the awnser. But that's upto the mangers I suppose

Yeah i agree the guy ireland is more experienced and holds the ball up well, more of your 'target man' but i think an all round striker is needed! Someone with good feet and pace and link up play! Its what thornton lack to be a really good side! And what they lacked in the premier league!

To be honest they score goals for fun it's tryn to keep them out. Good well run club at thorton and not a lot of money to spend and always try's to go with youth. Young boys there the now will defo come on to be good junior players I have no doubt about that. It's a whole new squad this year and still learning so be hot and cold. Still fancy Thornton to be up there at the end bud 

Defence has been ok when i've been there! Stuart drummond is only 20 i believe and has potential to be a player! Young matthew at right back is great going forward and i believe nick mcgowan is in his earlier 20s so quite a few young guys like you mentioned! Plenty of time for them to progress

East Craigie 1-5 Kirrie

Another great performance which Kirrie dominated from start to finish. Similar to that against Thornton! Craigie were unbeaten at home prior to yesterday and always been our bogey team of recent times. Keep playing like we are every week no team will stop us.

Really good result for Kirriemuir. Thornton won 2 0 away at scone. It's these type of games wen the parks aren't great that Thornton struggle as they like to get that ball down and zip it about.garry Thompson double sent us down the road with 3 points.still a few teams up there that's in with a chance. Not even half way through the season yet. Home to kinnoul this sat 

Looks like a mini breakaway already with Blairgowrie, thornton, kirriemuir, kinnoull, & North End potentially if they win their games in hand. 

From what iv seen so far:

thornton & North End are the two best technical teams

Kirriemuir the hardest working

blairgowrie the best defensively 

yet to see Kinnoull.

Throw in teams like East craigie, Luncarty who can take points of anyone on their game and it's set-up to be a cracking season

Hope this is the right thread for this,after our day out and excellent hospitality from all the good people of lochore I was delighted to read this morning that they'd won 5-0 away arbroath vics, good to see a win for them, as people I spoke to the day of our Scottish tie said they were struggling for a team an were going through a really bad patch, hopefully the victory will kickstart there season, all the best all at lochore.

Brechin Vics 1-3 Kirrie

Not one of our best performances but a game like that yesterday 3 points was all that mattered.

2-0 up at the break through Stewart Russell and Bryan Duell, had chances to kill the game off but never took them!

2nd half was scrappy and the home side got back in to game courtesy of an own goal. All of a sudden it was Brechin who were piling on the pressure and didn't help when Kirrie were reduced to 10 men shortly after. After a spell of Brechin pressure it was Nathan Tosh who grabbed the important 3rd goal 10 mins from time blasting high into the roof of the net. All in all a good 3 points at a difficult venue.

• 4 weeks later...

Strange League this with 4 teams all on 28 points it's a lottery
Newburgh have played all but Blairgowrie so far and can't say there is much between any of the other 3.
Thornton and Kirrie look the likeliest to push on as far as I've seen so far.
Also think Dundee North End may have a say come the pointy end of the season

Thornton well worth there win yesterday , the injuries mounting up for Kinnoull they can't afford to play the top sides playing with a keeper and a left back injured but still playing and missing 5 players through injury this is where you need a strong squad. Take nothing away from Thornton by far the better team and deserved the win. Still a lot of football to play this season still who knows who will go up but on evidence so far Thornton and Kirrie are the Favourites for me 

Very tough league again this year. And all the teams can take points of the teams at the top. Scone Newburgh east craigie luncarty all good sides. Thornton a few missing yesterday aswell Andy a lot young lads stepping up Whitch is good to sea. Kinnoul took a lead after about 30 seconds but never lasted long. We got 2 goals straight away and then the 4th after half time killed the game. Last 20 mins kinnoul played aome good 1 touch football. We have now played all the top teams lost to kirri and Blairgowrie. But would say Dundee north end have been best side we have played.kirri are strong Throughout and we were really poor against them. Not even half way through tho so still any 1s. I expect to see a late push from Dundee north end 2nd half of season. All the best to all the teams in the north div tho 

agreed I thought Thornton played really well yesterday, a more edge to there game than Kinnoull, although kinnoull did go 1up after 60 seconds, but after they got 2 quick goals back there was only going to be one winner I think, the young no 4 for Kinnoull at the back got a wee lesson in junior football yesterday, the big boy Ireland up top for Thornton was throwing him about like a rag doll , also notched twice., kinnoull's no 11 was very good on the ball, I think he scored actually, he was there best player, a lot to play for, just about half way through the season and a lot of teams still in the running, very exciting, January 7th is the next game, Forfar albion better watch out Thornton is coming to get you.

Archived