North division

ICEMAN

8 hours ago, sniffer said:

I think Thornton will be challenging hopefully when it counts, we're you not at the linlithgow game?

I was at the linlithgow game, and i was impressed by thornton. Although linlithgow are vulnerable just now you could argue, taking nothing away from thornton as there effort was excellent and probably deserved something from the game. Played some good football aswell. I'd fancy them to get promotion again. Although i haven't seen much of other teams in the north league.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well i've only seen the likes of blairgowrie this season who are in the top 3 so far but they don't play good football, just long ball after long ball! But it seems to get them results. For the likes of kirriemuir and kinoull these are teams that can pick up results, so i think it will be a tight league this year!

Will be a hard game on sat never easy against east craigie. If Thornton stick to playing football and don't get involved in the handbags should win. Bk to full strength. Always a good game good crack wi east craigie. 

As for the pitch it's in good condition. All the years of sorting the drainage has finally paid off so hard of to bill the groundsman. So far Thornton played a lot of the bottom sides and only lost to Blairgowrie. Both sets of team would agree that we should never have lost this match but that's football. So far so good but still early days

Thornton 2 0 east craigie. 

Good game today played in good spirt apart from last 10 mins. Some hand bags but nothing serious. Thornton took the lead in the first half and then doubled it just before half time. Second half had chances to kill the game. Thornton keeper made a great save to keep them in it. Then at the other end should have had a stone wall pen.always good banter with east craigie and good turn out bk at boozer all best for the rest ther season

A few tasty games next week will see some moves at both the upper and lower half of the league
Anyone fancy score forecasting??
Brechin Vics 2 v Newburgh 4
Coupar Angus 1 v Dundee North End 4
Dundee East Craigie 2  v Blairgowrie 1
Forfar Albion 2 v Lochee Harp 5
Kirriemuir Thistle 1 v Thornton Hibs 2
Kinnoull 2 v Luncarty 2
Lochore Welfare 2 v Scone Thistle 4

Kirri 6 1 Thornton 

kirri totaly deserved 3 points today Thornton were really poor. 4 0 up at half time. 2nd half changed the system got bk into the game but 2 red cards and was game over. Every player needs to improve on next weeks performance away to scone.well done kirri tho good 3 points

2 hours ago, the bare said:

Watched kirrie destroy an embarrassment of a Hibs side, kirrie on this form will not be stopped.

I wouldn't say destroyed them, kirriemuir worked harder thats for sure and did deserve to win. First goal - never a foul for kirrie freekick, then as the keeper jumped to catch the ball he was fouled. 2nd goal - gifted by a defensive/keeper mistake. 3rd goal offside by at least 3 yards so after being gifted a 3 goal start. The referee was probably one of the worst in the league. Thortnon had most of the ball 2nd half and got a goal but then having two men sent off it was game over. And thats the opinion from the stand. 

I wouldn't say destroyed them, kirriemuir worked harder thats for sure and did deserve to win. First goal - never a foul for kirrie freekick, then as the keeper jumped to catch the ball he was fouled. 2nd goal - gifted by a defensive/keeper mistake. 3rd goal offside by at least 3 yards so after being gifted a 3 goal start. The referee was probably one of the worst in the league. Thortnon had most of the ball 2nd half and got a goal but then having two men sent off it was game over. And thats the opinion from the stand. 

Sounds like well whipped stop making excuses 6 goals tell a story[emoji12]

34 minutes ago, juniordee said:

Sounds like well whipped stop making excuses 6 goals tell a storyemoji12.png

No excuses! Like i said kirrie deserved to win, those things mentioned are facts and didn't help thornton obviously! If kirrie keep up the fighting, hard working performances i fully expect them to be up there come the end of the season! 2 good strikers they have and the young centre half impressed! 

1 hour ago, Mr Motivator said:

same old Thornton always cheated never defeated, sniffer will  be on to tell us all about it though win lose or draw and all that HaHa

Nobody said that either mr motivator, i only stated what i saw from the sidelines! If you read what i said you'd know that! Instead why don't you tell the premier thread how the glens got on... 

Archived