North division

ICEMAN

1 hour ago, hibby9 said:

Thornton 4 5 Blairgowrie. Goals galore lol poor defending from the hibs. Goal chopped off aswell. Good banter btween both teams hibs down to 10 late on. All the  best for the rest of the season

Fancied Thornton today. Think these 2 will be up there battling it out for promotion anyway. More important how they respond to the defeat than suffering the defeat itself. 

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, hibby9 said:

We were bad today. A lot of defending howlers but they battle like fcuk. Roll on next week loads of goals today paying spectators got there money's worth lol

Still not in a bad position. Always score goals with the attacking players you's have!! 

1 hour ago, Mr Motivator said:

Congratulations on your new post at Glenrothes Willie will you be player/coach or have you finally hung up the boots?,hope you  will be keeping us as well informed of new developments as you have done previously with other clubs

Cheers, appreciate it. I've not officially hung up the boots but I'll not be classed as a player/coach. 2 reasons, first is we have players in my position so I'm not needed. 2nd is with John being player/manager then we both couldn't play even if I wanted too. I'll keep myself in decent enough shape though as you never know in football. 

1 minute ago, Mr Motivator said:

Are you his number 2 then? thought maybe with jonos lack of experience might have brought in some sort of mentor

I'm in as a coach, but again that's only a title, means nothing. There's only the 2 of us at the moment so guess you can argue at this time I'm his no2 but again, titles aren't important. We will work together to try our best for the club. Whether John brings someone else or others in will be entirely up to John, but he's numerous experienced people he can look to for advice. 

Newburgh 1 6 Thornton 

scrappy firstb15 mins from Thornton but started to play after that.newburgh could have tooken the lead when they hit the bar after 20 mins.  Few good finishes put the game over at half time. 3 0 ht. Second half scored a couple more then gave away a og Newburgh look really inexperienced but I'm sure there results will pick up aww the best for the season

Newburgh have a variety of good players who will come onto a run of decent form sometime soon.
We have lost to Kirrie, Thornton, Luncarty and Kinnoull so far. 4 teams who will be in about the top of the league come the pointy end of the season, so no disaster for a fairly new team of lads.
I agree that we are inexperienced at the moment.

Lochore 2 5 Thornton 

5 up and cruising on by far the worst pitch iv ever played on. Grass not cut was horrific. Boys got on with it and try'd to play football lochore got 2 late on. 

For fecks sake... Give us a break eh!! In all the years I've been watching Lochore, we've played on some incredible middens at Thornton. Committee are doing their best to keep the club afloat. Maybe one day your club will find itself in our position.
Swings and roundabouts pal, swings and roundabouts

Correct but how long does it take to cut the grass. Was like a jungle.seen better pitches in Sunday league. Thorntons did have a lot problems with the pitch but yesterday was taken the piss. To top it off no hot water. I know lochore are struggling but would take some 1 a hour tops

Let's not f**k about here, it was the same two seasons ago, it's called gamesmanship. Thornton prefer to play the ball on the deck, the last thing lochore want to have is a pitch which could suit the opposition so what do you do ?

Probably train on the pitch twice that week, do doggies on the pitch, deliberately keep the grass long to make the opposition passing game as difficult as possible, and be in the opposition's face as soon as the whistle goes.

Every team will do what they can in order to gain any advantage, teams just have to adapt their game and deal with whatever is in front of them, that's fitba.

It won't be the first or the last time it will happen this season.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived