Morton v Falkirk 13/08/16

24 minutes ago, MrDust said:

The poor show and most of my comments were aimed at the FB poll, some of the comments and even the poll is uncalled for.

McHugh is excused from blame cause he has a few songs in his locker.

I dunno what fans are expecting, Baird starts three out of the five games, subbed in everyone of the starts which shows his card is marked an the options we have are being used, it really is up to any of the four to claim a shirt. 

Gotta agree, someone needs to stick the ball in the net to stake a claim.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, tonnitus said:

Apparently we haven't beaten Falkirk in over 3 years, this was the last time: http://www.skysports.com/football/morton-vs-falkirk/263928

We've still got Tidser, O'Ware and Gaston, the rest have all dropped levels - except David Hutton (:lol:) and Fred.

Our team had a few guys there who went on to far better.

I've never enjoyed going to Cappielow. Tough place to get points. Best Grass pitch in Scotland though.

Favourite goal in the last couple of years at cappielow was lyle Taylor right over beside the away dwarf seats. We had a throw in and Kingsley was taking forever to throw it. Lyle bolts up, screams 'give me the fucking ball' gets it, turns and whacks it from outside the box into the top corner of the net. Lav it

3 hours ago, tonnitus said:

Apparently we haven't beaten Falkirk in over 3 years, this was the last time: http://www.skysports.com/football/morton-vs-falkirk/263928

We've still got Tidser, O'Ware and Gaston, the rest have all dropped levels - except David Hutton (:lol:) and Fred.

We've only one player left from that squad - Sibbald.

Many have moved on to better things and, if reports are to believed, we have taken around £2 million in transfer fees for players involved.

5 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

Favourite goal in the last couple of years at cappielow was lyle Taylor right over beside the away dwarf seats. We had a throw in and Kingsley was taking forever to throw it. Lyle bolts up, screams 'give me the fucking ball' gets it, turns and whacks it from outside the box into the top corner of the net. Lav it

Actually took a huge deflection.

I might be the only Falkirk fan on here that's genuinely looking forward to this game by the sound of it. Hibs at home on the first day was a high pressure test. This is a better barometer for where we are and I am looking forward to it. If nothing else, it will be a bit of clarification of where we can expect to be this season

I'm feeling good about it too, think we'll win as well, ignore aw the whinging moany kants in our support.

1-0 Bairns with the big Canadian lad at the back scoring

Guest Back Post Misses
Gotta agree, someone needs to stick the ball in the net to stake a claim.

Hey that is how it works. Baird has hardly scored since January.

Guest Back Post Misses

Let's get into these chancers Falkirk. I have no idea what team Houston will put out. The only bonus is neither will Jim Duffy.

Let's get into these chancers Falkirk. I have no idea what team Houston will put out. The only bonus is neither will Jim Duffy.

Someone genuinely wanted him as Scotland boss on Clyde super score board the other night.

Guest Back Post Misses

Someone genuinely wanted him as Scotland boss on Clyde super score board the other night.

Who Houston or Duffy?

1 hour ago, gav-ffc said:

The state of Scottish football, I don't think that it's that bad a suggestion.

A real fantastic season he gave us till the saltcoats incident. Morton fans seem to be gloom and doom 're him tho 

Jim Duffy is as good a manager as Morton have had since Benny Rooney.   He has had a far higher strike rate with his signings than previous managers.  He takes care to make sure we get personalities that fit in the dressing room and the players like and respect him.  OK occasionally he gets it wrong tactically but that is not because he does not do his homework.  Funnily enough our worst results have been against peer clubs like Raith.  Last season in games against such clubs we often left after the game scratching our heads as to how we lost!

Duffy gets nowhere near enough credit from fans but maybe gradually he is winning them round.

The other thing that is going right at Morton is our youth academy that is starting to show every sign of producing a conveyor of talent, contrary to the expectation of a number of regular posters.  

Archived