Morton v Falkirk 13/08/16

1 hour ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Team I would go with which Houston won't. ..

Rogers
Muirhead.watson.gasporotto.leahy
Kerr
Rankin hippo
Sibbald
Miller austin

You could play lotto FFC in regard to players,formation so far.

I'd be inclined to keep same formation and change Muirhead for Kidd or McCracken for Kidd and pulling Muirhead in.

I can see us going 4-4-2 again tho

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Back Post Misses
Lack of remorse :lol:  Victim FC here.

It's obviously unfortunate what happened to McGrandles but Falkirk fans are trying to make out like it was a shocking challenge etc when it was a 50/50. Your player got there first, he came off worse, that's all. 

We should all just move on.
It was clearly 50/50.

One player had is feet on the ground the other a foot in the air over the ball breaking the other players leg in two places.

Guest Back Post Misses
Rogers plus same defense as last week.

Midfield of Sibbald Kerr or Rankin and Craigen

Upfront Miller or Bob and Austin

Consistency of defence and formation wjilst dropping Baird and rewarding Craigen and Fash who instantly made a difference IMO last week

We do not have pace to play a back 3. I hope Houston goes back to a 4

I hate slagging our own players off and never really get involved in it, and I have always liked Baird as a player, but something just isn't right there. He isn't scoring, and we are playing better when he isn't there. He really needs to not start this game. I will be really disappointed if Housty doesn't acknowledge this and drop him

Poor show, there is even a poll on FB regarding Baird which is embarrassing. He was no worse than McHugh last week and although the goals have dried, he is like a wasp with defenders, considering some of the prima donnas we have had in the past, folk have short memories

I personally give a bit of constructive criticism and hope things improve, Bairds been hung out to dry hopefully he turns it around

Guest Back Post Misses

Poor show, there is even a poll on FB regarding Baird which is embarrassing. He was no worse than McHugh last week and although the goals have dried, he is like a wasp with defenders, considering some of the prima donnas we have had in the past, folk have short memories

I personally give a bit of constructive criticism and hope things improve, Bairds been hung out to dry hopefully he turns it around

I think most hope he turns it around however he has had numerous chances to do it and not delivered. Usually Football works like that you know, you don't perform you lose your place.

11 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Whatever happened to Mortons ridiculous plan to charge more if you didn't buy a ticket in advance?

I seem to have missed them coming to their senses and ditching it.

From the club website -  "We have taken the decision to temporarily postpone the implementation of our new ticketing system due to a combination of unforeseen circumstances. The board feel we must wait until entirely satisfied that the procedure will run smoothly at no inconvenience to our supporters on a matchday."

1 minute ago, AyrshireTon said:

From the club website -  "We have taken the decision to temporarily postpone the implementation of our new ticketing system due to a combination of unforeseen circumstances. The board feel we must wait until entirely satisfied that the procedure will run smoothly at no inconvenience to our supporters on a matchday."

Good stuff.

Hopefully they move "temporarily postpone" to full abandonment soon enough.

3 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

2 questions.

Any idea what the "unforseen circumstances are?

Do they only care if it inconveniences Morton fans or is away fans money not as good as the Greenock buck?

2 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

2 questions.

Any idea what the "unforseen circumstances are?

Do they only care if it inconveniences Morton fans or is away fans money not as good as the Greenock buck?

See above. :P

In seriousness, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some legal problem with charging two different rates.

10 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I hate slagging our own players off and never really get involved in it, and I have always liked Baird as a player, but something just isn't right there. He isn't scoring, and we are playing better when he isn't there. He really needs to not start this game. I will be really disappointed if Housty doesn't acknowledge this and drop him

You can have the Skull, if you want?

10 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

How is saying I think he should be dropped a poor show? I am not slagging him off, I applaud his effort each and every time, but we have a pool of strikers, none of whom have a god given right to start. I feel the best thing for the team is to give someone else a run of games.

If Baird has been hung out to dry, I am certainly not one of the culprits. The same goes for any player in our squad.

The poor show and most of my comments were aimed at the FB poll, some of the comments and even the poll is uncalled for.

McHugh is excused from blame cause he has a few songs in his locker.

I dunno what fans are expecting, Baird starts three out of the five games, subbed in everyone of the starts which shows his card is marked an the options we have are being used, it really is up to any of the four to claim a shirt. 

Archived