Exsel Sectional League Cup Group 4

glensmad

11 minutes ago, glensmad said:

I'm not sure why, with Cambuslang having points on the board, hot favourites to win on Saturday and then a home match to finish with against a team who lost at home to the team you beat away last night.

I can't see past Cambuslang winning their two remaining games, while I know that Glencairn will be rotating the squad with our eyes on the first league game.

Are you seriously suggesting that we should beat Blantyre on the basis that we beat a team who beat them?

:lol:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you seriously suggesting that we should beat Blantyre on the basis that we beat a team who beat them?

[emoji38]

Vale won away to Blantyre and lost at home to Cambuslang, so the form book would suggest that Cambuslang are favourites at home to Blantyre.

Of course, I know football doesn't work as logically as that, but it's just my opinion. I'm not going to go on for days on end about it if you don't agree with me. ;-)

When anyone dares to challenge your opinions you come out with your usual 'let's move on' etc .....

quite clever 

[emoji6]

You know, I actually think you're one of the better posters on this forum. I haven't had much communication with you as your team play in a different league, but I do read what you say and find it to be fairly sensible and logical.

In the past few days, though, you seem to have wanted to bait me, for reasons known only to you. Perhaps that late equaliser hurt you more than you're willing to admit, but hey that's football. Our concentration is now on Vale of Clyde on Saturday.

3 minutes ago, glensmad said:

You know, I actually think you're one of the better posters on this forum. I haven't had much communication with you as your team play in a different league, but I do read what you say and find it to be fairly sensible and logical.

In the past few days, though, you seem to have wanted to bait me, for reasons known only to you. Perhaps that late equaliser hurt you more than you're willing to admit, but hey that's football. Our concentration is now on Vale of Clyde on Saturday.

:lol:

Interesting stat - the five teams in this group have all won the section inside the past six years, with only Vale of Clyde having won it twice.

It's one of the most competitive groups in the competition every year, whereas some of the other groups are rather predictable with the same team qualifying just about every year.

Rutherglen Glencairn 2 Vale of Clyde 1
East Kilbride Thistle 0 Cambuslang Rangers 1

Cambuslang remain in pole position with the points on the board, but they sit out the next round of games. Vale of Clyde and East Kilbride Thistle now can't qualify from the group.

Next up on Wednesday night it's Blantyre Victoria v Rutherglen Glencairn, and Vale of Clyde v East Kilbride Thistle.

No matter what the result is at Blantyre on Wednesday night, the group is heading for a last-day two-game decider next Saturday.

Vale of Clyde 3 East Kilbride Thistle 4
Blantyre Victoria 1 Rutherglen Glencairn 2

So it's down to Cambuslang and Glencairn now, with both teams completely level at the top of the group on points, goal difference and goals scored and conceded.

It's now a matter of who gets the better result on Saturday, Glens at home to East Kilbride and 'Lang at home to Blantyre.

What happens if both games finish with the same score ? Remember that the match between Cambuslang and Glencairn was a draw as well. Would it be a play-off ?

Archived