Exsel Sectional League Cup Group 4

glensmad

This group is a hard one to call this year.

Vale of Clyde (last year's group winners and eventual tournament runners-up) have their noses in front again after Saturday's away win at Blantyre, with Cambuslang and Glencairn drawing.

Next up on Wednesday night it's Vale v Cambuslang (1st v joint 2nd) and East Kilbride v Blantyre (4th v 5th), with Glencairn watching both results with interest.

The winner of the group will be at home in the quarter final to the winner of group 5 (Arthurlie, Benburb, Neilston Juniors, Pollok, St Anthony's).

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In sure you must've totally outplayed & dominated both games against Blantyre Vics?

0-0 draw at their place, 5-0 to us at our place. But the league table doesn't lie, they finished above us.

1 hour ago, thelangonline said:

Vale 2-3 Cambuslang Rangers

East Kilbride 2-6 Blantyre Vics

These results open the group right up tonight.

All to play for still

You're not kidding, and I understand Cambuslang came from 2-0 down to win away at Vale, an impressive result.

i think Blantyre won 6-1 at East Kilbride, not 6-2.

Cambuslang must now be favourites as they have four points on the board, and they are playing East Kilbride on Saturday who have had a difficult start tonight.

Vale now have to rely on Cambuslang dropping points somewhere.

Glencairn still have it in their own hands, if they win their three remaining games, but even if we did it could come down to goal difference against Cambuslang.

A lot of ifs and buts still, we'll have a clearer picture after Saturday.

Next games on Saturday are East Kilbride Thistle v Cambuslang Rangers and Rutherglen Glencairn v Vale of Clyde.

Rutherglen still favourites to win the group in my opinion. 

I'm not sure why, with Cambuslang having points on the board, hot favourites to win on Saturday and then a home match to finish with against a team who lost at home to the team you beat away last night.

I can't see past Cambuslang winning their two remaining games, while I know that Glencairn will be rotating the squad with our eyes on the first league game.

Archived