Raith v St Mirren

Looking forward to this tie actually. I reckon St Mirren will test our back line a bit more than Ayr did. Same team that started the game against Ayr will do for me. Possibly move Matthews into the centre in place of Thomson, and have Coustrain out wide, might be the only change I'd consider.

Hopefully Callachan can carry that performance from Saturday on to next week now and build up some sort of form for himself..

Hopefully McManus or Vaughan can get on the scoresheet with the other getting the assist..

Should be a decent game though.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we start the game as we did on Saturday, you'll be out of sight by half time.

Hopefully Rae will have seen our (many) deficiencies and puts the correct line up on the park.

It would be good if Rocco Quinn and either of our new CH's were passed fit to play.

2 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Hope we defend a bit better than Saturday, as St Mirren have the strikers to hurt us.

But fairly confident of a decent performance and decent game. 

Yeah our midfield needs to sort it's self out and actually get involved in the game to have any chance. For all the attacking options we have at our disposal we never created many chances for them.

How did you guys play at weekend haven't read any reports.

It's early in the season but if we have any ambition of playoffs or more we need to be picking up 3 points i'd say.

Hardie should start next week, along with Sutton. Maybe even play 3 up top with clarkson as well. Hopefully Quinn is back to give the midfield the kick up the arse it needs. Don't know much about raith but we couldn't manage to beat them last season, hopefully that means next weeks a turning point :) 

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

I noticed you chose not to play Hardie on Saturday. Please feel free to do that again and I'll be semi confident of a result. 

Hardie came on in the second half never really got in the game as far as i could see in saying that we never really done anything at all.

I'd be happier to see Sutton start in place of one of Hardie or Shankland, possibly even both depending on how St Mirren set up up front. Sutton will pose a big threat at this level in front of goal, especially if given space in the box, but he is pretty static. If we have some concerns in defence, that will be preferable to players with pace. 

Tough one. I expect more from St Mirren than we saw last season and we're still finding our feet a little under a new manager. Hopefully the side remains unchanged. 

If it were 1st game of season I would of predicted 7-0, as it is, will settle for a 1-0.

M'Voto v Sutton would be a good battle, as mentioned above, I too would prefer to see that than Hardie or Shankland with ball at feet v him, definitely not the most mobile, hoping it improves with game time though.

i know it is asked on a regular basis but can someone clarify what C Barr's injury actually is and how long he might be missing?

i know it is asked on a regular basis but can someone clarify what C Barr's injury actually is and how long he might be missing?

I'm sure it was in the FFP last week as being reported as a groin injury (someone chip in if I'm wrong, had a heavy weekend on the booze, so might be something else haha).

Due to family commitments, I may miss this game which is unfortunate, got a feeling this could be a real good game.

Can't remember the last time (if ever) we have had so many player options at the beginning of a season, one of the last things McKinnon done was give a new contract to Scott Robertson, given all our midfield options and him missing a pre season again, I would love to trade him in for another defender and we would be good to go.

Craig Barr returns from honeymoon and has a season threatening groin strain? The mind boggles :/ 

9 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

Skacel couldn't start a rumour, he needs time to build up to match fitness.

Aye I'm only joking, no idea what you're squad is like but just wanted to highlight how potent he was against them, 10 goals in 5 games against them I think it was. 

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

Aye I'm only joking, no idea what you're squad is like but just wanted to highlight how potent he was against them, 10 goals in 5 games against them I think it was. 

It was ridiculous. I was in attendance for the 5-2, "Hearts 2-1 down and down to ten men" game. Humiliating stuff. Skacel absolutely ripped the piss that day. That was a half-decent (by recent standards) Saints side, too.

This thread is all worryingly amicable: can I suggest Raith fans mebbe calculate how many days it's been since we beat them, or something? It's got to be a fair few, and those running totals always go down a treat on the Saints/Morton threads.

Archived