FA Cup 2016/17

Eednud

FA Cup started over the weekend with Qualifying - Extra Preliminary Round for Tier 9 & 10 clubs. Hinkley AFC had to bring their game forward to Friday night because of a scarecrow festival and also Ascot FC because of a few nags running next door to their ground on Saturday. Yaxley beat Huntingdon Town 12-0. Tadley Callleva are out and Whitley Bay and Norton & Stockton Ancients drew 2-2 with a crowd of 222. There was another game ended 1-1 with attendance 111 but can't remember which game.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

160 ties in the Preliminary Round over the weekend. First ever real home tie for Guernsey ended up as a 2-2 draw with Thamesmead Town. No double figure results but Chasetown beat Brocton 9-0 and there were a couple of 8-0 games. Sporting Bengal also won.

160 ties in the Preliminary Round over the weekend. First ever real home tie for Guernsey ended up as a 2-2 draw with Thamesmead Town. No double figure results but Chasetown beat Brocton 9-0 and there were a couple of 8-0 games. Sporting Bengal also won.

I seen a very amusing wind assisted goal from the Guernsey game

• 2 weeks later...

First Round Qualifying with Level 7 clubs entering. 1 game was on Friday night, 114 yesterday and 1 due today. Sporting Bengal lost 6-1 away to King's Langley, Hereford drew away to Romulus, without Remus. Chippenham Town beat Moneyfields 9-0. Wins to Blyth Spartans and Bishop Auckland. BBC obviously and/or agencies they use unaware the Scottish Cup is also up and running.

33 minutes ago, Eednud said:

First Round Qualifying with Level 7 clubs entering. 1 game was on Friday night, 114 yesterday and 1 due today. Sporting Bengal lost 6-1 away to King's Langley, Hereford drew away to Romulus, without Remus. Chippenham Town beat Moneyfields 9-0. Wins to Blyth Spartans and Bishop Auckland. BBC obviously and/or agencies they use unaware the Scottish Cup is also up and running.

'Romulus' sound like a damn IT company. We had a completely mad sending off. We'll smash 'em in the replay Tuesday. 

• 2 weeks later...

It was Second Qualifying Round yesterday with 80 ties and clubs from level 6 joining in. Blyth Spartans lost at home to level 9 Morpeth Town 2-4, no pink and blue ribbons on teh Cup as Dulwich Hamlet lost at home to Hendon. Girth's Hereford won away from home. A few other level 9 clubs are through with a few getting draws. Biggest wins were FCUM away to Ossett Town and Hampton & Richmond Borough away to AFC Dunstable, both 7-1 and it was 6-0 for Brackley Town at home to Rugby Town.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎18‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 01:17, Eednud said:

It was Second Qualifying Round yesterday with 80 ties and clubs from level 6 joining in. Blyth Spartans lost at home to level 9 Morpeth Town 2-4, no pink and blue ribbons on teh Cup as Dulwich Hamlet lost at home to Hendon. Girth's Hereford won away from home. A few other level 9 clubs are through with a few getting draws. Biggest wins were FCUM away to Ossett Town and Hampton & Richmond Borough away to AFC Dunstable, both 7-1 and it was 6-0 for Brackley Town at home to Rugby Town.

We're away to Tonbridge Angels Saturday. Think we can get a result there. However, I will be at Westfields vs. Walton Casuals!

I put in random games, but was probably better here. I made it along to Thamesmead v. Hanwell last week. The home team won 4-2 after aet after being 2 down at half time. Only about 100 odd there. Programmes were sold out but I bought an old one for my mate. Thamesmead are in deep shit financially and only surviving on Chairman handouts. His article made it sound like he's about to pull the plug, which will be a shame as it's a great set up. Loads of teams around there at all levels though.

Oh yeah, worth mentioning that my local side Haringay Borough are doing FREE season tickets atm which is highly commendable.

They're shite but the standard of football is okay and the ground and clubhouse are pretty tidy.

Well it was Third Qualifying Round over the weekend and goodbye to Hereford and Thamesmead. Biggest win Ebbsfleet 7-0 over Havant & Waterlooville. Bishop Auckland and Westfields are the only teams from level 9 now game away from the First Round with Hadley to face Eastbourne Borough from Level 6 at home in a replay.

12 hours ago, Eednud said:

Well it was Third Qualifying Round over the weekend and goodbye to Hereford and Thamesmead. Biggest win Ebbsfleet 7-0 over Havant & Waterlooville. Bishop Auckland and Westfields are the only teams from level 9 now game away from the First Round with Hadley to face Eastbourne Borough from Level 6 at home in a replay.

Bishop away to Stockport County next round 15th October. 

Would be some achievement if any of the tier 9 clubs made it to the 1st round. 

Archived