FA Cup 2016/17

Eednud

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

The world's gone mad. All this shite over a fat guy eating.

More investigation into a man eating a pie than they did into the man they named England manager

So he's aware of the Sun humiliating him by having a bet available on it. What does he do? Not eat a pie and have The Sun profit from his embarrassment, or eat one and get it right up them.
It could be argued that either way he was 'manipulating the result' so what's he supposed to do?

Surely every player that walks out onto a pitch knows there's markets at various bookmakers for them to score during the game?

They're not not in breach of any rules for scoring, what makes it any different that a man ate a fucking pasty.

So a bookmaker can offer odds on something happening and if it does happen it's a fix?? The bookmaker is at fault here for offering odds on such a stupid and easily munipulated  market. The result has been the fat goalie resigning, sutton united's name being dragged through the mud and Scumbets got more publicity than they could ever have imagined. Like the poster says above he is manipulating the market whether he decides to eat a pie or not. A bookmaker having a market betting on the personal actions of a single individual who is not even taking part in a sporting event deserves to be burned.

Think it's about time these stupid bets designed only to rinse idiots out of money were made illegal.

The Sun were literally in a no lose situation here. Fat man doesn't eat pie, you profit on dafties backing it. Fat man does eat pie, you claim bet fixing as he's clearly aware of it, don't have to pay out and get a shitload of free publicity.

Fat man is an attention seeking dafty but the Sun, to the surprise of no-one, show themselves up as morally empty arseholes once again.

Feel sorry forThis guy. He didn't influence the game at all so there's nothing to do with sporting integrity or anything like that.

A bookie was also stupid enough to put odds on it happening. It was an in play market the same as next goalscorer would be and you wouldn't see a striker miss an open goal on purpose because they knew people would win money.

The pie was his open goal and he banged it right in to the top corner. Good on him.

Matt Le Tissier admitted to winning money on first throw ins when he was playing and he has a plum job on SKY who own a betting company, so why can't this guy have a half time snack and keep his job as reserve keeper at a non league team.

The FA’s rules on betting state: “A participant shall not bet, either directly or indirectly, or instruct, permit, cause or enable any person to bet on (i) the result, progress, conduct or any other aspect of, or occurrence in, a football match or competition.”

2 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I don't see what he's done wrong. He's not thrown a match, he's just made some money off a gullible bookmaker.

Nobody complains when bookmakers take money off gullible customers, like me.

If football authorities want to take the moral high ground they should ban advertising by gambling companies.

What a p***k. People will criticise the Sun but will continue to bet with them, buy the paper and pay through the nose for Murdoch's Sky. Horrible organisation.

The betting firm get stacks of publicity for what will be a few quid lost.

For all that it's funny, if the guy didn't see that there was a problem with this, he deserves to get turfed out or made to resign.
Maybe we'll find out soon if he was paid for the stunt.

If I were the manager, I wouldn't be able to trust him again

The FA’s rules on betting state: “A participant shall not bet, either directly or indirectly, or instruct, permit, cause or enable any person to bet on (i) the result, progress, conduct or any other aspect of, or occurrence in, a football match or competition.”

And by that....if he hadn't eaten a pie he would have also in breach....

Given that Sunbets was all over their strips and the stadium, I reckon they put him up to it, put out the joke odds, don't take any bets on it and then he eats the pie, resend the tweet with the odds and now everyone is talking about Sun bets and the fat goalie, everything that Sutton done last night in the pitch is forgotten cause the sun and the fatty wanted some attention! 

2 hours ago, accies1874 said:

The world's gone mad. All this shite over a fat guy eating.

He deserves everything he gets.  Thanks to this fat c**t the U.S. media are reporting the story with CNN referring to Arsenal as Arsenal Gunners.

It was clearly a stupid thing to do. I don't think he is the brightest he has been sacked before for fighting with opposition fans.  I don't doubt his commitment to Sutton Utd, it seems he has done a lot behind the scenes but given the opportunity to put himself in the limelight in a way that made his club look look like a comedy outfit he took it. Still the reaction to it has been a bit ott.

Archived