FA Cup 2016/17

Eednud

2 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

As to the stuff about interviewing the Sutton manager during the game, don't the BBC and BT regularly do this? Certainly in cup games.  

Yup. 

Sky actually put mics and earpieces on fielders during domestic cricket games so that they can interview them as the match is going on!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Interesting. Basically Gretna. ;)

Looked at the other top clubs.

Lincoln - 95k
Dagenham is London
Tranmere - 15k which I found surprising considering their stadium and attendances
Dover - 31k
Barrow - 56k

Not as big as I expected. Maybe the fact there's no OF gloryhunters there helps.

I'd imagine Dover and Barrow are probably quite similar to Queen of the South, in that it's a long old journey to see any other clubs playing at a higher level. Might as well watch the local club.

1 minute ago, jamamafegan said:

Just managed to get in one more wee comment about the pitch there...grassroots football done proud despite there not being a single blade of grass.

Aye their a bit OTT about the pitch. Probably because until recently you couldn't even get as high as the National League with a non grass pitch.

48 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

Yup. 

Sky actually put mics and earpieces on fielders during domestic cricket games so that they can interview them as the match is going on!

That might not last much longer - Channel Nine in Australia got in bother because one of their commentators mentioned to the captain live on air that the guy on strike had a poor record against one particular bowler so he brought him on the next over!

15 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

That might not last much longer - Channel Nine in Australia got in bother because one of their commentators mentioned to the captain live on air that the guy on strike had a poor record against one particular bowler so he brought him on the next over!

:lol:

I think some people imagine non-league means playing in front of one man and his dog, but out of the London (and London hinterland) clubs, Bromley, Dartford, Dagenham & Redbridge, Sutton, Ebbsfleet and Dulwich Hamlet all average over 1,000 at games.
Out of those I think only Dagenham are full-time.

Looks like Sutton have averaged 1500 and they charge about the same for entry as Ayr who get similar crowds yet seem to be paying out significantly more in wages and ground costs are bound to be much higher given their location where on earth does the extra money come from?

Looks like Sutton have averaged 1500 and they charge about the same for entry as Ayr who get similar crowds yet seem to be paying out significantly more in wages and ground costs are bound to be much higher given their location where on earth does the extra money come from?

The league I imagine? And significantly more? What would you say Ayrs annual budget is? Like I keep saying if QoTS had a budget of 350k the year they won the 2nd division, with a lot of their own players they brought through too. Then what do you think championship teams are paying just now????

400K is really not a lot.

£400k must be baseline full-time / top-end part-time budget up here?

Berwick's wages 2013-14 - 2014-15 - 2015-16 were £186k - £208k - £191k.

Sutton were averaging 1,518 at New Year. Remember their league play 46 games and there'll be better money in FA Cup and Conference naming rights/TV deals compared to Scottish Championship equivalents - e.g. BTSport show 30 live games (25 league/5 play-offs) + weekly highlights.

4 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

£400k must be baseline full-time / top-end part-time budget up here?

Berwick's wages 2013-14 - 2014-15 - 2015-16 were £186k - £208k - £191k.

Sutton were averaging 1,518 at New Year. Remember their league play 46 games and there'll be better money in FA Cup and Conference naming rights/TV deals compared to Scottish Championship equivalents - e.g. BTSport show 30 live games (25 league/5 play-offs) + weekly highlights.

We've spoken about this before on other threads. All revenue streams seem to be far better. I think the EPL put money in as well, there seems to be more grants for ground improvements or at least more ability to access them. Although they were saying the manager paid for the pitch at Sutton.

Archived