The Sons v The Arabs 13/8/16

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Jacktonite said:

Funnily enough I was just thinking about that when I heard the score!! I played centre half that day in sons 1-0 win and goes down as the best result of my career, unfortunately the return game at Tannadice goes down as my worst, played left back and got a roasting of Robbie Winters emoji20.png I just hope for Ginge and Farrell's sake lightning doesn't strike again!!!

If you can play centre half you should be expecting a call from Ray in the near future ;)

6 hours ago, Jacktonite said:

Funnily enough I was just thinking about that when I heard the score!! I played centre half that day in sons 1-0 win and goes down as the best result of my career, unfortunately the return game at Tannadice goes down as my worst, played left back and got a roasting of Robbie Winters emoji20.png I just hope for Ginge and Farrell's sake lightning doesn't strike again!!!

Had to come on for Paul Martin, aye?  Gonnae come back and play left back for us?

Aitken gave a pretty clear answer there when asked about Mark Brown.  Xgood also to hear Clark and Kassarate are to go out on loan, I think we all feel a lack of game time has held back wee Don, heres hoping these two come back to us more experienced and ready for the first team.

28 minutes ago, C'mon_the_Sons said:

Aye it was. It was his 50th birthday so he sponsored the match. Fair play to him he could've kept his money in his pocket until the Arabs next home game.

Having also been in hospitality (not in their party), it was a present and I think he didn't know about it until the day of the game. Had a great day, and the hospitality was excellent. The game was not.

I did not get on the pitch, although I am probably no worse a centre half than Durnan or Donaldson, even factoring in how drunk I was at 3pm.

1 hour ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Having also been in hospitality (not in their party), it was a present and I think he didn't know about it until the day of the game. Had a great day, and the hospitality was excellent. The game was not.

I did not get on the pitch, although I am probably no worse a centre half than Durnan or Donaldson, even factoring in how drunk I was at 3pm.

Our hospitality is very good! Great value when you consider the entrance fee, the quality of the meal and the half time buffet. Not sure what was wrong with the game though..? ;)

15 hours ago, ThirdrockfromtheSon said:

And well done to your team today, and of late. Fantastic start to the season for you. Just goes to show that some players are better off with certain managers, eg Jordan Kirkpatrick.

The last time Sons were down 1-5 at half time was the late 80's and I walked out at half time.

Hope that a) you come straight back up and b) we stay up as well.

Was that the Berwick Rangers game???They also pumped us 4 nil about then too.

2 minutes ago, ThirdrockfromtheSon said:

Yes, that was the one. The only time I have ever left a game early.

Funny thing was the week after we won 5-2 vs stranraer IIRC and then 5-1 vs cowden.The rollercoaster that was jim george's sons side!!

23 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Yes. Total shite

I thought that you played well when the fans were singing, and then faded when they stopped.You certainly didn't go for it in the last few minutes, which surprised me somewhat. I expected us to be ragdolled as the game concluded, but we weren't.

And don't forget that we had a decent goalkeeper who played pretty well yesterday. Had that been Mark Brown in the sticks it would have been easily a cricket score for you.

You'll still be in the top three come next May, I'm sure.

My Arab-supporting best mate got it bad from me last night though......:lol:

For future reference, the fans of teams who should definitely should not be having a pop at us in match threads:

Partick - we put you out the cup, live with it.

St Johnstone - keep your wee team mentality for the Premiership forum; you are not rivals of us, you never will be.

Most of all - Hibs - you are a bigger club than us and this is your 3rd (third) year in this division; you don't have any right to laugh at anyone.

:lol:

We papped you out both cups last season whilst in second and third gear. Simmer down.

I thought that you played well when the fans were singing, and then faded when they stopped.You certainly didn't go for it in the last few minutes, which surprised me somewhat. I expected us to be ragdolled as the game concluded, but we weren't.

And don't forget that we had a decent goalkeeper who played pretty well yesterday. Had that been Mark Brown in the sticks it would have been easily a cricket score for you.

You'll still be in the top three come next May, I'm sure.

My Arab-supporting best mate got it bad from me last night though......:lol:

I'm not brown's greatest fan, but I don't think the score would have been all that much different. Martin looks assured and probably reassures the defence, but he actually had very little to do yesterday. He made a good save near the end, but it did look to be straight at him. Martin's kicking isn't always the greatest either.

I think brown's demeanour was his worst enemy - he had a habit of looking disinterested which seems to have turned the fans against him, but to suggest he would have let in a cricket score of goals is ridiculous

I'm not brown's greatest fan, but I don't think the score would have been all that much different. Martin looks assured and probably reassures the defence, but he actually had very little to do yesterday. He made a good save near the end, but it did look to be straight at him. Martin's kicking isn't always the greatest either.

I think brown's demeanour was his worst enemy - he had a habit of looking disinterested which seems to have turned the fans against him, but to suggest he would have let in a cricket score of goals is ridiculous

Martins kicking is still 10 X better than brown

Archived