COLVILLE PARK POISED FOR WILLIAM HILL CUP TEST

catcoach

1 hour ago, Disco30 said:

All the best for the game when it comes really fancy colville to win this tie. As for Glasgow uni they also play in this round , although I don't think they have done very well of late.

They've won 1 tie since 1969 (1-0 H v Burntisland Shipyard in 2010 R1).

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

They've won 1 tie since 1969 (1-0 H v Burntisland Shipyard in 2010 R1).

I didn't check the actual facts but considering where they are in the amateur game I would have gave them next to no chance of competing even this early in the big Scottish cup. Colville are a different matter though genuinely believe they will win this upcoming tie and be a match for girvan as well.

19 minutes ago, Michael Kennedy said:

Cheers lads, went to watch Edu train today at Lesser Hampden. They got me thrown out :) 

What I seen they look a well run club, managed by quality coaching and all the lads looked really athletic, should be a good game 

better to try and fail than to not try at all I suppose haha. You must fair rack up the miles watching opponents and possible challengers, always know teams strengths and weaknesses ! Your Attention to detail is commendable at amateur level ! Best of luck 

9 minutes ago, Disco30 said:

better to try and fail than to not try at all I suppose haha. You must fair rack up the miles watching opponents and possible challengers, always know teams strengths and weaknesses ! Your Attention to detail is commendable at amateur level ! Best of luck 

Lol true, Cheers mate, I had to watch the remainder through the fence. 

They had around 16 there today they all were French. I believe they still have more to come over in the coming weeks. 

I have heard that most of there squad don't arrive until Sept, but they were trying to get them over earlier. 

I watched them last playing at Annan in the league and they were a few Scottish boys playing, but I think players have arrived this week 

FT 2-2, after the amateurs trailed 2-1 at HT. Replay is at Benburb Juniors next Saturday, presumably Colville's ground is unsuitable the same as Harestanes.

I think you'll find it was Edu trailing at HT . Colville were never behind in this tie and if not for the Edu goalkeeper it would have been won comfortably in saying that I feel Colville will be disappointed in there play today as I've seen then play a lot better in the past

59 minutes ago, goalmachine said:

Did Edusport have their full squad today ?

is it not about the ammy team who are playing against a semi professional team.............. credit to Colville for getting to where they are.

Whatever the thoughts of people regards the paying of players then please remember that whatever League you play in the rumours will still be the same. Colville have been  a force to contest with at all levels in the army game and some people will throw shiet and hope it sticks. The REAL people in football will see that Football is hopefully the winner in that the Scottish Ammy game is better for the likes of  Col Park helping to enhance the Scottish game. Certainly not a fan of them but realise that with their set up and backroom set up then all teams can better the teams they are with if we take insparation from what they have achieved. Cheers  

Archived