Bottom of the League Thread, 16/17

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, itzdrk said:

This Ayr team is the most inept i have come across at this level.  What was Brechin's (i think) worst ever points total? 

Brechin got 17 points in 05/06, with only two wins. Teams who've done worse than that are Raith in 04/05 (16 points, 3 wins), Arbroath in 02/03 (15 points, 3 wins), East Fife in 96/97 (14 points, 2 wins), Dumbarton in 95/96 (11 points, 3 wins) but the worst ever since going to 10 teams was Clydebank in 99/00 with 10 points and only one win.

21 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Brechin got 17 points in 05/06, with only two wins. Teams who've done worse than that are Raith in 04/05 (16 points, 3 wins), Arbroath in 02/03 (15 points, 3 wins), East Fife in 96/97 (14 points, 2 wins), Dumbarton in 95/96 (11 points, 3 wins) but the worst ever since going to 10 teams was Clydebank in 99/00 with 10 points and only one win.

Cheers pal.  Maybe Clydebank were worse than i remember then...Ian McCall would have been manager then aye? 

No sure wht i thought Brechin had the worst. Prediction to be in the middle of that set of points. 

19 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Cheers pal.  Maybe Clydebank were worse than i remember then...Ian McCall would have been manager then aye? 

No sure wht i thought Brechin had the worst. Prediction to be in the middle of that set of points. 

He was manager until January when he left to take the Morton job, replaced by Steve Morrison. Their one win was against Raith under Morrison.

• 3 weeks later...

over the last 10 years on average 36 has been the requirement to finish 8th(1 point more than 9th, not what teams actually finished on) livi and alloa have stayed up with 27 points(alloa via play-off) and Airdrie would have gone down with 42 points if it wasn't for Livingston being sent to the 3rd division.

That was an awful season, only 9/10 but I had a season ticket and remember it very well

15 fucking points man

Getting pumped 6-0 off of Ayr at Gayfield a particular lowlight

Archived