Musselburgh Athletic Football Club

Benny The Fish

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Looks like a fair bit of rain tonight and early morning in Dundee. Hopefully this doesn't mean another postponement up at Lochee!

If match is on, come on the Burgh, let's get a winner, let's get a winner! 

Lochee United V Musselborough Game On

All the way to Dundee to see our first 0-0 of the season. Not a patch on the Scottish Cup game played at Lochee earlier on in the season, though Lochee played better today, than that day!

Not many shots on target, and a lot of wayward attempts over the bar! Mathu should have put us up when one on one in the second half. He had too much time and space and should have whacked it past the goalie instead of trying to place his kick. However, he has kept us in so many matches with his goals, so I can give him that miss!

Main thing is we came away with another point, which will help us stay in the Super League at end of season.

Musselburgh's best result in the league campaign was back in September when we went to Broxburn and hammered them 5-1. Yet we currently sit nine points behind them, albeit with three games in hand.

Since December, Broxburn have only lost one game out of nine league games, so Saturday will be a hard game to win. However, we have shown how we can beat Broxburn, and I have all confidence in the team to win again at Olivebank on Saturday.

Good luck Musselburgh!

Sure-fire treble this Saturday in the East Region Super League - all home wins, and good prices!

Jeanfield Swift 9/4

Linlithgow 17/10

Musselburgh13/8

All are playing teams higher in the league - Carnoustie, Penicuik & Broxburn.

However, at this time of the season, all of the home teams have much more to play for than their opponents.

A £5 treble will pay out roughly £115, incl &5 bet, Easy money!

1 hour ago, Toffee fan said:

Sure-fire treble this Saturday in the East Region Super League - all home wins, and good prices!

Jeanfield Swift 9/4

Linlithgow 17/10

Musselburgh13/8

However, at this time of the season, all of the home teams have much more to play for than their opponents.

Current league form:

Broxburn have lost 1 game in the last 7 games.

Carnoustie have lost 1 game in the last 13 games.

Penicuik have lost 1 game in the last 10 games 

Best of luck with that bet.  You deserve it if it comes in 

5 hours ago, watchful eye said:

Current league form:

Broxburn have lost 1 game in the last 7 games.

Carnoustie have lost 1 game in the last 13 games.

Penicuik have lost 1 game in the last 10 games 

Best of luck with that bet.  You deserve it if it comes in 

I agree that on current form it could well be three away wins. However, great odds for the home teams.

Linlithgow will most likely still finish in the top half of the league, and to win 7-0 last week, regardless of the opposition, their confidence will be high. Jeanfield' incentive is that if they win, they move further away from the bottom two, and I would never back against my own team. On the basis of the last result against Broxburn, I see no reason why we can't beat them agian.

56 minutes ago, Meeks said:

You better hope the other two don't win and you lose as the league table would not look to healthy for Musselburgh 

You are right Meeks; and the table doesn't lie.  Musselburgh haven't won enough games and that is why we are close to the bottom of the league.

However, we have the makings of a good team, and it is draws which are killing us this season. If you look at our losses only, we should be in a much better position. Regardless of the results on Saturday, I firmly believe that we will be in a better league position come the end of the season.

MTB

3 hours ago, Benny The Fish said:

We need points. I'd settle for a really scrappy, shitey 1-0 win tomorrow.

We don't really do scrappy or shitey - but needs must for the next few weeks.

We need all three points tomorrow Benny, but without the s/s bits. Broxburn have been beaten more times this season that Musselburgh, so hopefully we will close the gap on then come 4:30 tomorrow afternoon.

On ‎23‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 22:54, Toffee fan said:

Jeanfield Swift 9/4

Linlithgow 17/10

Musselburgh13/8

Easy money!!!!  Aye for the  bookie

On 24/03/2017 at 08:31, Toffee fan said:

You are right Meeks; and the table doesn't lie.  Musselburgh haven't won enough games and that is why we are close to the bottom of the league.

However, we have the makings of a good team, and it is draws which are killing us this season. If you look at our losses only, we should be in a much better position. Regardless of the results on Saturday, I firmly believe that we will be in a better league position come the end of the season.

MTB

Oh oh

Archived