Musselburgh Athletic Football Club

Benny The Fish

12 hours ago, secret_admirer said:

Sorry to disappoint you but i was correct last year when the club failed to pay players for a few months, even 3 at one point, the 'gaffer' if he would speak to you would know that what happens in the changing room stays in the changing room and it's not disclosed to fans!

So if/when the club have a poorer run of results or even relegated, which will be down to players being unhappy i'm sure i will be waiting on an apology ;) 

Also can you confirm (once you speak to the gaffer again) if Sean Murphy 'SKIP' has been approached by Penicuik for next season? Apparently they have already agreed a deal with him personally if he can get released or transferred? 

Foiled again secret admirer / or the mumbo jumbo man as you may now be referred to!

To try and keep you up to date, have a wee look at the Musselburgh Athletic Twitter or Facebook pages, as it has been announced that Bradley Donaldson (or possibly Brad to you if he is one of your confidants' - all things concerning Musselburgh); has joined Musselburgh Athletic.

Mibbies Brad should have come to you for advice in the first instance before he spoke to my team? - Or probably most likely, Mibbiies Naw cause the advice he would have got would be worthless.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Benny The Fish said:

Sean Murphy has already signed a deal to keep him at Musselburgh next season. You really need to try harder Secret Admirer. I look forward to the next load of mumbo jumbo to come out of your mouth.

Afternoon Benny

Again, thanks for keeping our admirer (?) up to date with the correct details regarding the Burgh's financial and player positions. Good that someone knows what is actually going on at Musselburgh.

I look forward to seeing you all at our Dinner tomorrow night. Hopefully after 3 points v Penicuik. It's all looking good at Olivebank nowadays. Squad improving all the time, just need to turn draws into wins. It's a happy place this season. And will only get better. But the one thing that's missing is a poet - might ask Nitten if we can borrow their one [emoji23]

Usually supportive of my team, and when we went in 2-1 up at half time, I thought we would keep the win till full time. However, Burgh were pegged back too much in the 2nd half and I was surprised it took so long for Penicuik to get the equaliser. With about 2 minutes to go we hit the post, and if it had went in, then we would have scraped through 3-2 winners. Nearly straight away, Penicuik go up and in injury time get the winner.

So, margins are that tight, but though I don't like to say it, Penicuik probably deserved the victory.

Back to a cup tie with an East of Scotland tie at home to St Andrews. Good goal by Declan today, but more players other than Mathu King need to get their scoring boots on once more! Take more chances in front of goal, than going again for the extra pass!

On 2/19/2017 at 15:01, Casey Jones said:

Currently the best East Lothian Junior team play the 2nd best Midlothian team next week at Olivebank. I'm confident my team will be victorious over Penicuik, and start to move up the league.

Mon the Burgh!

Got it wrong on all fronts ,eh.???

1 hour ago, imho said:

Got it wrong on all fronts ,eh.???

Hello imho. How did I get it wrong on all fronts? Perhaps one part but surely not it all!

First part of my post is ok. Penicuik are currently 2nd best placed Midlothian team in the league, behind Bonnyrigg. Musselburgh are best placed of all East Lothian teams within the three leagues. If I'm wrong then let me know.

Second part IS wrong. I thought we would beat Penicuik. We were leading at first half ended on Saturday, so I thought we'd win. With a minute of game to go, we hit the post. If it went in, more than likely we'd have won -  I'd have been right again! But,margins are close!  Just after we hit the post, Penicuik went up the field and scored the winner, so I'm half right and half wrong.

Look at the post I wrote yesterday morning (3 posts previous to this). I said that Penicuik probably deserved the victory. I also said that when Musselburgh were in the lead, I was surprised it took so long for Penicuik to draw level.

You might think I am too confident in my team. However, I am not blinkered when I see what happens in each match, And that is why I wrote my post yesterday about Penicuik.

If you support a Junior team, I hope your team won on Saturday.  Hate when mine lose! 

13 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Hello imho. How did I get it wrong on all fronts? Perhaps one part but surely not it all!

First part of my post is ok. Penicuik are currently 2nd best placed Midlothian team in the league, behind Bonnyrigg. Musselburgh are best placed of all East Lothian teams within the three leagues. If I'm wrong then let me know.

Second part IS wrong. I thought we would beat Penicuik. We were leading at first half ended on Saturday, so I thought we'd win. With a minute of game to go, we hit the post. If it went in, more than likely we'd have won -  I'd have been right again! But,margins are close!  Just after we hit the post, Penicuik went up the field and scored the winner, so I'm half right and half wrong.

Look at the post I wrote yesterday morning (3 posts previous to this). I said that Penicuik probably deserved the victory. I also said that when Musselburgh were in the lead, I was surprised it took so long for Penicuik to draw level.

You might think I am too confident in my team. However, I am not blinkered when I see what happens in each match, And that is why I wrote my post yesterday about Penicuik.

If you support a Junior team, I hope your team won on Saturday.  Hate when mine lose! 

Your original post said currently the BEST junior team in East Lothian,(which is debatable) now you are saying the best placed team in EL of which there is no argument and given what I have watched this season, it is only league positions that would suggest you might be right. 

3 hours ago, imho said:

Your original post said currently the BEST junior team in East Lothian,(which is debatable) now you are saying the best placed team in EL of which there is no argument and given what I have watched this season, it is only league positions that would suggest you might be right. 

Ok; for avoidance of all doubt, Musselburgh are the best junior team in East Lothian.  It is about opinion but how can you refute this at this time?

Musselburgh has been in the Super League for the past few years - and in the last three years have finished 7th; 11th and 8th in the league (so constantly around middle of the league). In these 3 years they have finished 19 Points; 11 points and 21 points above relegation spot. Musselburgh won't be relegated this year, and if the team stays for next year, I  we will be better placed that we are at present in the league.

This is Haddington's 2nd year in Premier league; Tranent's first year in same league and neither of them will be promoted this year. Dunbar still to get out of the South League. In fact I'm not sure if or when either Haddington or Tranent will get promoted to the Super League. I hope Dunbar do enough to join these two clubs in the Premier league this year; though it is tough for them with Blackburn and Pumpherson also vying for the promotion places.

Given what I've said in the last two paras, I don't think there is any doubt that Musselburgh is the best team in East Lothian. Maybe in a one off cup game we could get beat, but season after season, we are in a higher league that the other three teams. Until one of the three get promoted to the Super League how can you say we aren't. Maybe you will never get a chance to prove otherwise!

1 hour ago, Casey Jones said:

Ok; for avoidance of all doubt, Musselburgh are the best junior team in East Lothian.  It is about opinion but how can you refute this at this time?

Musselburgh has been in the Super League for the past few years - and in the last three years have finished 7th; 11th and 8th in the league (so constantly around middle of the league). In these 3 years they have finished 19 Points; 11 points and 21 points above relegation spot. Musselburgh won't be relegated this year, and if the team stays for next year, I  we will be better placed that we are at present in the league.

This is Haddington's 2nd year in Premier league; Tranent's first year in same league and neither of them will be promoted this year. Dunbar still to get out of the South League. In fact I'm not sure if or when either Haddington or Tranent will get promoted to the Super League. I hope Dunbar do enough to join these two clubs in the Premier league this year; though it is tough for them with Blackburn and Pumpherson also vying for the promotion places.

Given what I've said in the last two paras, I don't think there is any doubt that Musselburgh is the best team in East Lothian. Maybe in a one off cup game we could get beat, but season after season, we are in a higher league that the other three teams. Until one of the three get promoted to the Super League how can you say we aren't. Maybe you will never get a chance to prove otherwise!

My opinion is based on what I have seen in the flesh this season. That is all.  

Well played Musselburgh today. At last, continuing the good displays we have had recently,  resulted in a number of goals and a big win this afternoon.

I thought that St Andrews began the game as the better team, but after about 10 minutes, Musselburgh started to play their passing game, and it wasn't long before we went one nil up. Only lasted about 10 minutes before St Andrews drew level, though if Kieron got a stronger hand to it, I felt that it could have been saved.

Not to worry as Jed got his second goal five mins later (he'll claim both of our goals, though others might think that St Andrew's got all of the first 3 goals, yet were still getting beat!

St Andrews got a bizarre sending off before half time, and can't think of many fans at the game who knew the reason why?

Second half was all Burgh and in the last 20 minutes scored another 3 goals, with the goal machine M K getting two of them, and nearly got the match ball as well as he then hit the bar! Next tie is up at Newtongrange, so on today's showing, that'll be us in the semi final after that game!

We saved our second biggest home victory this season for our 'No.1 fan' to make his first appearance at Olivebank. Hope he enjoyed the experience and will return soon!

On 28/02/2017 at 13:45, Casey Jones said:

An excellent post.  But it shouldn't take a 4 paragraph response to state something so blindingly obvious.

Excellent performance today, made easier when they went down to 10 men.  Would like a couple of results/performances like that over the next few weeks in the league.  But would also like to see us win a cup again so the victory is very welcome regardless.  No weak players today but I thought Sean Murphy was top man.  Again.

56 minutes ago, MUSSY EXILE said:

Excellent performance today, made easier when they went down to 10 men.  Would like a couple of results/performances like that over the next few weeks in the league.  But would also like to see us win a cup again so the victory is very welcome regardless.  No weak players today but I thought Sean Murphy was top man.  Again.

Skip is right up there, and is one of three at the moment I would consider for player of season. 

Archived