Musselburgh Athletic Football Club

Benny The Fish

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Red Rose said:

Matty is fat and shite. Two bob. 

i think your fishing as that is not Bonnyrigg Rose supporters type of post. You tend to find calling opposition players (or teams) shite comes back to bite you. Especially against a very good side with 1 only home defeat since April

But in case your not....... I will answer your 2 points

There is more fat on Victoria Beckham - although she is slighty better looking

He has 110 goals to his name in a Musselburgh shirt (6 in his last 4) + what ever he scored at Newtongrange. Add to that his work rate and chances he creates. Far from Shite in my view.

Equally Jamo is a top striker and i was dissapointed he left to go to Bonnyrigg. Great goals to game ratio and 2,490 minutes played in a row from the start of last season before the flu caught up with him - i believe a club record.  

For me the two of them would have made a deadly partnership in any team. 

I look forward to watching the highlights of what should be a exciting match today and potential goal celebrations following your comments

Well contested match today - thought it was pretty even until Michael got sent off with around 20 minutes to go, which definitely game Bonnyrigg the edge in these last minutes of the game. 

Onwards to Lochee next week, and if we play as well next week, I'm sure we can come away with a positive result.

All the best to Bonnyrigg in their next two cup ties with Thorniewood and Dumbarton.

Well contested match today - thought it was pretty even until Michael got sent off with around 20 minutes to go, which definitely game Bonnyrigg the edge in these last minutes of the game. 

Onwards to Lochee next week, and if we play as well next week, I'm sure we can come away with a positive result.

All the best to Bonnyrigg in their next two cup ties with Thorniewood and Dumbarton.

And to you pal.

Wouldn't be a good game that for the neutral. But hard fought victory for us

• 3 weeks later...

Yah bl**dy beauty. When Lochee scored an easy 2nd goal a minute into the 2nd half, didn't see us getting the two goals for a draw.

However, a bit of belief, and Mathu coming on, we did get the goals. Then the best part was all the time wasting that Lochee did when they thought they were coasting into the next round, meant there were a few minutes of added time and Mathu scored our winner. Great through ball from Ralton for the goal.

So a wee or big warning for time wasters - some times it leads to your down fall!!!! Onwards to next round against KRR in January. Mon the Burgh!!

Oh I don't know I think the Borough are better than they think they are. KRR have weaknesses, if they play to exploit them I can see them winning. If however they don't then it will be another win for the Roy.

1 hour ago, Rossiter blue said:

I wouldn't be so cocky KKR are a good side m8

Don't think Benny was being cocky. We had a growing belief in the last 15 minutes of today's game, and to come back from 2-0 down against another Super League team, shows that we can be a match for any team when we play like that. Was good to hear from a Lochee supporter at 2-0 down that The Burgh were rubbish, but his team were firmly at the bottom of the skip at the end of the match.

Looking forward to another game against a West Super League team. As KKR are top of the league, we know that it will be a very tough match. However, as The Burgh have been to two Scottish Junior Cup finals in the last few years, we have to believe we can get there again this season.

12 minutes ago, LeeKRR1878 said:

Course you's will have confidence but if the Roy play the way they played yesterday and the way they have most of this season then I don't see Mussleburgh beating us

That is the joy of cup football though. Last week, Bonnyrigg Rose gave Dumbarton a do-ing, but just couldn't get the goal they deserved to get into the next round of the Scottish Cup. Yesterday, though they might have used a number of different players with the replay against Dumbarton coming up, they still would have been favourites against Thorniewood yesterday. 

So, cup games can unpredictable and in the last 32, any thing can happen. I go to each match thinking that Musselburgh will win, and will still think that when we come and play the Roy.

That is the joy of cup football though. Last week, Bonnyrigg Rose gave Dumbarton a do-ing, but just couldn't get the goal they deserved to get into the next round of the Scottish Cup. Yesterday, though they might have used a number of different players with the replay against Dumbarton coming up, they still would have been favourites against Thorniewood yesterday. 

So, cup games can unpredictable and in the last 32, any thing can happen. I go to each match thinking that Musselburgh will win, and will still think that when we come and play the Roy.

Yeah you're right, well our last round we played Glasgow Perthshire who are in the bottom division in the west, albeit they're top of it and scoring for fun, but we are top of the premier which on paper would make us favourites. 4-3 we won with a last minute penalty and going 1-0 down. Exciting for the neutral.

I think our tie will be a cracker and hope you enjoy your day to sunny Cumbernauld (but not too much lol)

5 minutes ago, LeeKRR1878 said:

Yeah you're right, well our last round we played Glasgow Perthshire who are in the bottom division in the west, albeit they're top of it and scoring for fun, but we are top of the premier which on paper would make us favourites. 4-3 we won with a last minute penalty and going 1-0 down. Exciting for the neutral.

I think our tie will be a cracker and hope you enjoy your day to sunny Cumbernauld (but not too much lol)

Looking forward to it Lee, just need to see when it takes place with Cumbernauld also being at home in the next round - maybe easier if KKR switch the tie to Olivebank?!?!

Archived