Musselburgh Athletic Football Club

Benny The Fish

On 24/03/2017 at 05:48, Toffee fan said:

I agree that on current form it could well be three away wins. However, great odds for the home teams.

Linlithgow will most likely still finish in the top half of the league, and to win 7-0 last week, regardless of the opposition, their confidence will be high. Jeanfield' incentive is that if they win, they move further away from the bottom two, and I would never back against my own team. On the basis of the last result against Broxburn, I see no reason why we can't beat them agian.

Did u win ?

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, honestjon said:

Did u win ?

Me thinks you are taking the p1sh Jon, so maybe you are not being truthful with your name. We did win after 45 minutes, but that counts for nothing. Broxburn deserved their win, and a big turnaround from our result at Albyn Park earlier in the season.

8 hours ago, db11 said:

Easy money!!!!  Aye for the  bookie

Great come back by the way from your team yesterday.

Particularly with Kelty's result, league is certainly not over. Hope you're not caught out with so many games left at end of the season, with Bonnyrigg still being in all three cup competitions as well. Long way to go, but good luck playing catch up!

One thing that Musselburgh is consistent at this season, is being inconsistent!

For months, give or take a couple of game, we haven't been good for the full 90 minutes.

One of our better games was up at Lochee in the Scottish, where we played great football for the whole game, yet found ourselves down 2-0 to a side who were hardly in the game, yet had two chances and scored with both.  However, by playing well, being patient and as someone said in another thread yesterday about time wasting, we managed to pull back and scored the winner in added time.

Against KRR in the next round, we were totally outplayed in the first half, but were the better side in the second half - got beat 2-1.  Yesterday against Broxburn, we were dominant in the first half, yet hardly played in the second half; conceded a goal within two minutes - and were second to every ball - again got beat 2-1.

Against Penicuik a couple of weeks ago,, I would say we were better over all, hit the post with a couple of minutes to go, which would have put us up 3-2. However, almost straight away, Penicuik go up the park and get the winner in the last attack of the game, and it seemed that we just didn't have the willpower to save the draw.

I always go to matches feeling confident, but make no mistake, if we are not careful, we could find ourselves in the play-off position soon.  There are still 10 games left, and we have the players to get us to safety - but we need to start playing well from start to finish, and close the ball down earlier to prevent stupid goals going in.

Cup game next week at Newtongrange. They are second bottom; have won less games than is in the league, so,I will be confident again that we can win that tie. Then we face a crunch league game the week after against Dundonald. We beat them about a few weeks ago up there in the cup, but will need to do the same again as 3 points could be vital,and hopefully kick-start the last third of the season for us.

There was a mistake on the poster this week. Its not the 1/4 final tomorrow its only the 3rd round. The draw was

BROXBURN ATH        V    LOCHGELLY ALBERT or BROUGHTY ATHLETIC

BLAIRGOWRIE            V    WHITBURN
PENICUIK ATHLETIC        V    JEANFIELD SWIFTS

DUNDEE NORTH END        V    CROSSGATES PRIMROSE

TRANENT            V    LINLITHGOW ROSE or BO’NESS UTD

SAUCHIE            V    KELTY HEARTS or HILL OF BEATH HAWTHORN

CARNOUSTIE PANMURE    V    DOWNFIELD or BONNYRIGG ROSE

NEWTONGRANGE STAR    V    MUSSELBURGH ATH 

Was nae even a penalty, yet Nitten cannae even score from that. He got the save, he got the save! Well done Kieron. Two nil up and easily should be more. Great goal by Michael and Mathu getting a goal against the old club! Mon the Burgh.

Got to see the three goals for Musselburgh and Kieron's penalty save thanks to Kennie. Good that you film at the games, and glad to hear you cheering the goals and the saves! Well appreciated Kennie, as I couldn't be at game.

What was the Nitten goalie doing at the third goal. Even Conor seemed a bit bemused at how easy it was for him to score. 

Great result Burgh.

Musselburgh's poor first half performance and losing two goals in quick succession was our undoing today. For the 2nd goal we had two defenders who just stopped, leaving Kieron too open on a one to one situation. Dundonald a very physical team, and didn't allow us to play at all. 

Crucial away game next week at Hill of Beath. Win that and we bring them to within two points of us with a game in hand.

Come on Musselburgh, still have time and players to get us back up to safety in the league!

Archived