Musselburgh Athletic Football Club

Benny The Fish

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We got the winner, we got the winner! 

What a match, and a thoroughly deserved victory. If any Bonnyrigg fan comes on and says otherwise, they are talking keek! 

2-0 up and cruising, and then Bonnyrigg got a goal with around 8 mins left. From where I was standing, it seemed fluky, as I thought our player on the line (Keith) was going to clear it. Bonnyrigg then had a cracking shot which bounced off the bar. If that had gone in it would have been an injustice to the boys in blue!

Before Keith's first goal, I didn't think we  or he had playing that great, but after scoring all that changed for Keith and the team, and his second goal was well taken At the end, we didn't have a bad player in the 13 who toook the pitch. Michael looked absolutely gutted when he was subbed; maybe he came off as he had just been booked, but what a performance he gave.

Connor looked equally peed off when he was subbed - just shows you what the win meant to every one. Mathu had another superb game, and the amount of running he did, just shows you, that when fit, even the oldies can still last the pace. The only bad point of the game from Mathu was in the last 5 minutes when Jonny powered a ball up to Mathu. Going at a fair rate, but his chest control let him down!!!!!!

Standing at the dugout side, and just noticed that Geordie has grey hair! If only Mussey played like this a few months ago, Geordie wouldn't need to think about using the black boot polish on his nut! To end a great night, was speaking to a really nice lady from the Newcastle area. Wonder why she was in Bonnyrigg tonight!

Great result Musselburgh!

FFT - Fan Fookin Tastic! What a performance from Musselburgh tonight. Well deserved win. Thankfully we are now beginning to play as well in the league as we are in the 2 cup competitions we are still in. Position is a lot better than it was 3 games ago, but still need to concentrate and ensure we get the required three points to keep us in this league.

Well done to Shandy, Geordie and all the players.

The morning after the night before. Still buzzing with the performance Musselburgh gave last night, particularly in the second half.

We chased ever ball, closed Bonnyrigg down and never gave them a chance to settle. Two great goals from Keith Murray, and Shandy and Geordie earned their pennies last night with all their encouragement and talking to the players. Need to keep this up for Saturday. 

MTB

Musselburgh's league record against Broughty is rubbish! Three losses in a row. Need to rectify that tomorrow with a win! Monday's performance at Bonnyrigg was our best all season, bar none, so more of the same please at Olivebank!

MTB

51 minutes ago, db11 said:

After watching Jeanfield today, I am fairly confident you will pick up 3 points against them if still required after Wednesdays game

If we play the same as we did on Monday, I will agree with you db. However, if it is a performance like today, then it could be a long 90 minutes. Ten of our players started both games, but the contrast in how we played was startling.

Had hoped that the pressure would have been off after today, but with Linlithgow also losing today, our game on Wednesday is going to be hard. However, I am still confident we will still be in the Super League next season.

Your choice i suppose. Be an interesting game anyway. Felt we could have got a point today. Played very well 2nd half and Andrews made a good save not long before the 3rd goal to keep Rose ahead.

Sadly ill be on a beach in Lanzarote so will miss it

Thought you were a pal of Keith's or knew him? All your other comments about him are generally positive.

I wouldn't say that Musselburgh were sh1te, yesterday, but the result was definitely disappointing. However, there are still 2 games to go, and getting a win, and 3 points, would still make it a positive season for Musselburgh, given that at start of season, we started off, with 1 signed player and a new management team coming in!

Hope fans turn up for our two remaining away league fixtures at Lithgae on Wednesday, and Jeanfield on Saturday, and get right behind the Burgh!

It is the player of the year awards on Saturday, night, so if we get the point or points required, it should be a good night for all.

Mon the Burgh!

As the season comes to an end this time next month can I ask if anyone wishes to continue the facebook page

MUSSELBURGH ATHLETIC HISTORY

for next season to please get in touch. I will not be able to continue to give anymore time to this.

All your doing is keeping a brief record of all Musselburgh Athletic games. Team, score etc and keeping any press cuttings.

The framework is already complete all you do is add to it. A minute a week job.

If you would like to take on this job which will ensure your local club has accurate records then either:
Call Mr Ryan Kelly on 07743927878 or message here or on Facebook

The page Is independent from the club and is for history research only.

Remember today's games are tomorrow's history.

Thanks in advance

Archived