hawick v ww

comeon

An excellent 3 points for WW

Which is the main thing 

Sadly it was one of the worst quality games ive seen for years and both teams will be in the bottom half of the league based on this performance 

Comedy goals ,poor passing,no control 

WW line up and formation was baffling but not as obsurd as the substitutions  and the positions played

A slow right back as right winger ,a right winger as centre mid,a slow  left back as a left winger a young centre mid trialists as centre forward a right back as centre forward  and 2 centre forwards a left winger and right winger  and centre mid as subs !!!  all made for a dire game 

thankfully for WW  ,,,Hawick were rotten 

Not sure what the management see but Old Peter  was giving plenty verbals with Hislop over the shambolic display

but as the books will show 3 points to ww

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, comeon said:

An excellent 3 points for WW

Which is the main thing 

Sadly it was one of the worst quality games ive seen for years and both teams will be in the bottom half of the league based on this performance 

Comedy goals ,poor passing,no control 

WW line up and formation was baffling but not as obsurd as the substitutions  and the positions played

A slow right back as right winger ,a right winger as centre mid,a slow  left back as a left winger a young centre mid trialists as centre forward a right back as centre forward  and 2 centre forwards a left winger and right winger  and centre mid as subs !!!  all made for a dire game 

thankfully for WW  ,,,Hawick were rotten 

Not sure what the management see but Old Peter  was giving plenty verbals with Hislop over the shambolic display

but as the books will show 3 points to ww

Do you no think the wind played a big factor  ? 

5 goals certainly was exciting enough. 

Agreed both teams will certainly need to improve. 

2 comedy goals conceded by ww, keeper need to sort that oot and be in more control.

3 at the back was defo interesting. 

John Hall I thought got up and doon the park very well,canny really complain when he sets up 2nd goal. 

Starting formation was defo interesting, Keane dropped  ? 

Hawick were nae rotten no.8 and if they can sign Ross Archibald were stand outs.

Peter  thought Hawick were fitter and trying a lot harder than ww to which the manager took offence. Handbags set of earplugs required lol. 

But aye considering other results today that's a fine 3 points.

As someone who watches Hawick I'm agreeing Hawick were very poor today

you've scraped past them with a 2-3 victory with a 86minute penalty.with 2 players pulling out for us in the warm up!

glaring header 6 yards out to put Hawick 3-2 up was a big moment.but small margins will win and lose games at this level but you'r not miles better yourself.thats a honest assessment don't you think?

12 minutes ago, nakedrambler said:

As someone who watches Hawick I'm agreeing Hawick were very poor today

you've scraped past them with a 2-3 victory with a 86minute penalty.with 2 players pulling out for us in the warm up!

glaring header 6 yards out to put Hawick 3-2 up was a big moment.but small margins will win and lose games at this level but you'r not miles better yourself.thats a honest assessment don't you think?

Was the player that pulled oot yer captain if I was him I'd be worried I wouldn't get back in as yer trialist was a stand out.

Canny see where I said we were miles better every one knows where oor problem is,in fact the manager sent oot a plea in Fridays paper. 

8 minutes ago, nakedrambler said:

2 strikers pulling out.1 with illnes and the other injured just before ko.

hawick problem again is individual errors they'll need to learn quick

think it's safe to say tho both teams are much better that display today!

Its an unpredictable league as today's results showed. 

The wind defo a factor in today's game not being good display from both teams. 

However both teams tried,5 goals and chances either end made for the entertainment. 

2 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

2 comedy goals conceded by ww, keeper need to sort that oot and be in more control.

John Hall I thought got up and doon the park very well,canny really complain when he sets up 2nd goal. 

Hawick were nae rotten no.8 and if they can sign Ross Archibald were stand outs.

Peter  thought Hawick were fitter and trying a lot harder than ww to which the manager took offence. Handbags set of earplugs required lol. 

FIRSTLY WW 3 points well done against probably the worst team in the league 

The starting 11 and formation was straight out a christmas cracker or spin the the bottle for who plays in what position a total shambolic set up 

taking Mcgregor off and putting Manson on in midfield when 2-1 up ?  and Not taking a tiring Hall off ?REALLY !

Playing Ohara who was dreadful again ( takes a good penalty though ) in front of Keane

young trialist up front was woeful 

not playing Brydon ? who is the best option either up front or on a wing we have but the management dont rate him obviously 

not playing Keane ? or even bringing him on is a shocker been our best player all pre season

But in football sometimes management dont like players and Hislop and Bingham rate Ohara as a flying left winger in front of keane ( sadly they are the only 2 that think that and today proved that ) and they rate anyone from any position in front of Brydon

WW were woeful today and as said Hawick were dreadful 

no wonder Peter was losing his temper 

:thumbsdown

2 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Newcy dont think the wind was a major factor 

Hawick got 2 gifts for goals , young was woeful for the 1st and Ohara was sleeping( again )  for the 2nd 

as for peter he was probably correct we looked slow and created little which isnt the players fault its the management that played them out of position and it showed 

John Hall always gives it his all mate but he aint a right winger lol he was blowing like moby dick but got kept on and as said mcgregor gets dragged off for Manson ,,,,,,geex a break 

Not sure what they have against Keane always seems to do a good job but if they are playing Ohara in front of him on the left wing and not putting Kerr on  then i think ill give up !

24 minutes ago, theref said:

Not been to many games this pre season - season based on that i wont be hurrying back

Apologies for all the Reds boys I've been away watching Liverpool beat Barcelona 4-0 today and got a bit carried away. 

This, the Welfare winning and comeon and you both packing in watching WW what a great day all round :lol:  

7 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Apologies for all the Reds boys I've been away watching Liverpool beat Barcelona 4-0 today and got a bit carried away. 

This, the Welfare winning and comeon and you both packing in watching WW what a great day all round :lol:  

Lucky u 

You missed a real attacking fast moving display by a well set up team that threatened with every attack against a superior team or i could just be talking as much pish as what was on display today

just as well Peter is bald as watching that garbage would make you lose your hair

2 hours ago, nakedrambler said:

2 strikers pulling out.1 with illnes and the other injured just before ko.

hawick problem again is individual errors they'll need to learn quick

think it's safe to say tho both teams are much better that display today!

Couldnt be much worse to be honest

1 hour ago, whatasaw said:

FIRSTLY WW 3 points well done against probably the worst team in the league 

The starting 11 and formation was straight out a christmas cracker or spin the the bottle for who plays in what position a total shambolic set up 

taking Mcgregor off and putting Manson on in midfield when 2-1 up ?  and Not taking a tiring Hall off ?REALLY !

Playing Ohara who was dreadful again ( takes a good penalty though ) in front of Keane

young trialist up front was woeful 

not playing Brydon ? who is the best option either up front or on a wing we have but the management dont rate him obviously 

not playing Keane ? or even bringing him on is a shocker been our best player all pre season

But in football sometimes management dont like players and Hislop and Bingham rate Ohara as a flying left winger in front of keane ( sadly they are the only 2 that think that and today proved that ) and they rate anyone from any position in front of Brydon

WW were woeful today and as said Hawick were dreadful 

no wonder Peter was losing his temper 

:thumbsdown

Did not have the pleasure today but if the accounts of the lineup and subs are true then no wonder WW were chronic

Keane and Brydon wont find it hard to get a club that wants them

7 minutes ago, paleface said:

Did not have the pleasure today but if the accounts of the lineup and subs are true then no wonder WW were chronic

Keane and Brydon wont find it hard to get a club that wants them

Chronic eh ... but won 3-2. 

Since Steven Hislop came in today must be the first time he hasn't started Kevin? Now WW lost last week and 3 games in 7 days but you are talking about the player going :lol: 

Connor Brydon is just a young lad good management easing him in. 

4 hours ago, part timer said:

Hawick will beat gretna on Wednesday no worries they are very poor

Well we are this season.

Good win last week away against C. Colts then thrashed by Civil. 

Depends what Gretna turn up as been the case for too many years now.

I kind of miss Sir Peter in some ways- at least he's been there and done that. The Scottish League is full of Sir Peter types who couldn't lace a football boot to save their lives!

It's a tight pitch at Albert Park- City teams of the past have made heavy weather of matches there (except the team that won 13-2....). Nice to see the Albert making progress though in an oval ball infested wilderness...!

Whatasaw Comeon theref...... 

Hawick must be aboot 60 miles from Rosewell, there are other teams in the League of similar or longer distance ?

Yous very rarely have a good thing to say aboot the team on here. 

Why bother if all yous do is come on here and abuse the team ? 

I'm sure there are plenty other options on a Saturday afternoon. 

You guys talk aboot Mcgauley and his outbursts. 

To me yer criticism on here is just as bad. 

Least we all know who Mcgauley is,since you seem to be at every game why don't the 3 of ye let Mr. Hislop know yer dissatisfaction or are ye all just happy to criticise behind a keyboard. 

I'm sure he'll be happy to take yer points on view.  

Don't know what yous are wanting but We are never gonnae be world beaters wi the squad we've got. 

The competitiveness of the LL and the pyramid system is where we're at.

If any of you are sugar daddies and can help improve the team and you think there are better players oot there then your input would be most welcome ;)

Well said Newky. It's incessant criticism and shite stirring and when questioned and pulled up for it no reply. 

You come to expect plenty of sh*te on here but I don't get why you would spend your Saturday afternoons and money going to the games just to do it. 

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

Whatasaw Comeon theref...... 

Hawick must be aboot 60 miles from Rosewell, there are other teams in the League of similar or longer distance ?

Yous very rarely have a good thing to say aboot the team on here. 

Why bother if all yous do is come on here and abuse the team ? 

I'm sure there are plenty other options on a Saturday afternoon. 

You guys talk aboot Mcgauley and his outbursts. 

To me yer criticism on here is just as bad. 

Least we all know who Mcgauley is,since you seem to be at every game why don't the 3 of ye let Mr. Hislop know yer dissatisfaction or are ye all just happy to criticise behind a keyboard. 

I'm sure he'll be happy to take yer points on view.  

Don't know what yous are wanting but We are never gonnae be world beaters wi the squad we've got. 

The competitiveness of the LL and the pyramid system is where we're at.

If any of you are sugar daddies and can help improve the team and you think there are better players oot there then your input would be most welcome ;)

I asked at the start of the season for some life in here and christ I got it in spades.we really are box office..... For the last year/6 months if you were to believe social media whitehill welfare are 20 mins away from armegaddon every week...Some of the posters clearly have more than just a general fans agenda going on as there seems to be a real personal edge to there postings. The long term posters (3+ years) are all known and make no secret of who they are,others well a forum is what it is,issue no desire to know who they are or there motives. For sure tho whitehill will continue as the small Club they are, the vast success over the years can be a anchor at times,I'm sure in 2 years time there will be a new flock of doubters,fended of by the regulars 

Newky your quote

Don't know what yous are wanting but we are never gonnae be world beaters wi the squad we've got

Agree completely but the fact is the management put this squad together and its clearly short of were it should be playing players out of position would obviously suggest that to be the case imo the squad is weaker than it was last season and players brought in are not of the standard of the ones that were allowed to leave and the shortage of a striker hasn't been addressed so what is going on

Archived