Your Football Ground

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

My slight OCD tendencies don't like the difference in the thickness of Easter Road's roof in that shot with Arthur's Seat in the background. Knowing about that is going to forever spoil Easter Road for me know. 

Pretty sure that's just a fascia on the left hand stand rather than a really thick roof. The weight of a roof that thick would be difficult to support.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Pretty sure that's just a fascia on the left hand stand rather than a really thick roof. The weight of a roof that thick would be difficult to support.

I know, that's what makes it worse. Make the facia the same size. At least it's not as bad as Fir Park. 

Just now, Salvo Montalbano said:

I know, that's what makes it worse. Make the facia the same size. At least it's not as bad as Fir Park. 

Fir Park looks as though it were designed by committee with each member unable to see what the others were working on.

I find that bit you are standing at a bit dodgy underfoot when we go round there.

You're right, in hindsight I probably should've took that Pano a few steps further back and it would've been a belter rather than at 'ground level'

Always liked this shot of a Morton - St. Mirren match from the late 1970s.

]Morton v St. Mirren.jpg

This is an odd one, taken much earlier (60s or early 70s) where Cappielow appears to be hosting an international of some level.

CNV00095.JPG

60db766f7425ff3cdc74f63c5ce1f2a5.jpg

MuirtonPark29.jpg

MuirtonPark5.jpg

Muirton Park, a ground I was never able to visit, although my dad raves about it. Boy posted a whole rake of photos on our forum of the final game and then slow demolition of the ground.

Archived