Your Football Ground

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cappielow-aerial_925x581_acf_cropped-1.j

MortonAway600.jpg

This last one comes from a gallery on the WSC website, taken during a home game against Stranraer. Only a handful of photos make it into the magazine. but the full set can be found here.

Check the other galleries - maybe they visited your club.

Easter Road is a fantastic ground, the new stand is basic but an absolute belter, so steep. Remember going back in the day when we got humped by the great Hibs team of Brown, Whittaker, Sproule, Fletcher, Riordan, O Connor, Thomson etc etc and the two memories I have were of the wee funny looking shed on the right of me and the song 'Teenage Kicks' which they played after every (fucking 6 of them) goal.

Those were the days.

6 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

It'll happen. Board are very keen to finish the stadium & rightly so in my opinion.

That's good then. Attended an U20's game a couple of seasons back at TFS. View of the pitch from the main stand was pretty good.

Is it a money thing that's stopped it so far, or is the blast zone issue from the refinery still a factor?

Money & need to be honest.

The "Blast zone" was only ever an issue when the club wanted to let the BP have a training centre within the proposed East Stand but that was 10 years ago

3 hours ago, AyrshireTon said:

cappielow-aerial_925x581_acf_cropped-1.j

MortonAway600.jpg

This last one comes from a gallery on the WSC website, taken during a home game against Stranraer. Only a handful of photos make it into the magazine. but the full set can be found here.

Check the other galleries - maybe they visited your club.

one of City fan Colin MacPherson's perhaps- Colin gets about a bit!

ETA: that Photoshop is getting better- you could almost believe from the top photo that there are sunny days in Greenock!

Look how stunning some of these stadia look on a sunny day from the air!! .. My memories of Cappielow are always of it a dreary industrial place and pouring with rain, but it looks there like a lush green oasis in a coastal resort... sort of.  Always liked how hemmed in and close to the park Cappielow feels, with a couple of million refurbishment it could be brilliant.

Not been to Dumbarton yet, hoping we get our northern brothers in a Cup soon.  The setting does look superb.

Great thread for the stadium loving geeks like me, keep them coming. 

Gayfield Park - excellent wee ground, but even looking at those pictures in glorious sunshine, I still feel the wind howling in off the North Sea when you're in the covered end opposite the fairground thingie!  Brrr!

one of City fan Colin MacPherson's perhaps- Colin gets about a bit!

ETA: that Photoshop is getting better- you could almost believe from the top photo that there are sunny days in Greenock!

Nope it's not Photoshop, you do get the rare sunny day at Morton like this day in particular [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16] 97bc532b56effcdd52fea6a813f1ed30.jpg

Cappilow would be decent if they could somehow manage to get any legroom at all in their stand. With a few million to play with, building a tunnel over the railway line and having a new stand cantilevered on top of that, and adding in decent toilets and catering and it would be a really good ground. 

Archived