Your Football Ground

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Love that 2nd picture in Litchies post. 

It is brilliant.  

Agree with him, Gayfield is spot on.  Seats on one side, terracing the other three where you can walk right round to change ends at half time if you want, cover on all sides and a sensible size capacity. It always looked well looked.

Nice Shatner-esque (or Alec Baldwin maybe?) delivery there. 

Agree with all that's been said about Gayfield. Not sure about swapping ends within the stand (went for a coffee a couple of years back and got back to my seat to find it occupied and all the seats at the other end were just single seats or behind pillars or in the front row and I was with my old man) but everything else about it is spot on. 

It is brilliant.  

Agree with him, Gayfield is spot on.  Seats on one side, terracing the other three where you can walk right round to change ends at half time if you want, cover on all sides and a sensible size capacity. It always looked well looked.

Average attendance usually is about 700, more if were successful, bit less of were not (650 last year after finishing 9th in the bottom league) and the capacity is 6600 or so now, still great with just 700 or so, brilliant when it's over 1k and when we won the league and had nearly 3k in it was just on a different level. The big games when it's near full capacity like Celtic and The Rangers are personally shite IMO just because they're there but would be superb otherwise.

If a team with a fanbase of about 3/4K or so had a ground like ours it would be absolutely different class.

Main stand is also all done up internally now. Stand seats 850, hospitality takes 150, there's a bar, changing rooms all upgraded to 5 star UEFA criteria including the refs ones.

Just a braw wee ground. Said on another thread if I won the lottery I'd build something exactly the same. Maybe a wee bit further away from the sea so the wind isn't so bad on certain days and the players don't occasionally get hit by a wave when taking a corner (this has happened!!).

I'd actually build a pub beside the ground and let the owners of Tutties take all the profits too. If we moved they'd suffer. Anyway, that's all a pretty big if. ;):lol:

People have given newer grounds a bit of a hard tine but I think most in Scotland are decent looking. Easter Road looks good.

Easter Road is a fantastic ground, the new stand is basic but an absolute belter, so steep. Remember going back in the day when we got humped by the great Hibs team of Brown, Whittaker, Sproule, Fletcher, Riordan, O Connor, Thomson etc etc and the two memories I have were of the wee funny looking shed on the right of me and the song 'Teenage Kicks' which they played after every (fucking 6 of them) goal.

Went back a few times with my Hibee mate since the new stands been built and the change is huge. Superb. Also love the surrounding area, old classic blocks and then the brand new flats just at the other side. Lovely area and lovely ground. A favourite of mine in Scotland. Would definitely say the best most modern looking stadium in the country.

Hearts main stand could maybe change that though although I'm not so sure. Area around Tynecastle isn't a patch on the area around Hibs IMO. Right dark wee area that's just a bit shite in comparison to the surroundings of Easter Road.

Easter Road just has a good vibe about the place.

Our place generally gets slaughtered for being 'lego' or a 'bus shelter' but f**k yeez, check dat backdrop.

In all seriousness I really like it and love the fact it's next to the Rock. Despite the slaggings it takes it's hard to argue about how picturesque it is.

fb985375610bb712ec7b8f04d9916b9b.jpg

Dumbartons ground is 1000000x better than East Fifes purely because of that Rock, that and the grounds not in methil.

Tbf the SHS (or whatever it's called now) main stand looks really smart when you walk past, imagine it's smart inside.

Archived