Scottish Youth Cup 2016-17

HibeeJibee

Patrick Thistle u20s 3 - 4 Motherwell u20s

Partick Thistle U20s: Cullen, McInally, Fleming, Granger, McMullin, Docherty, Lamont, Wilson, Nisbet, McCarthy, McLaughlin

Partick Thistle U20s subs: I. Stokes, Hall, J.Stokes

Motherwell U20s: Pettigrew, McMillan, Livingstone, Maguire, Watt, Campbell, Falconer, Turnbull, Mackin, Hastie, MacLean

Motherwell U20s subs: Stevenson, Armstrong, Agyemang, MacDonald, Rintoul, Semple

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crowd of over 800 at Somerset Park on Sunday.

Unfortunately the Ayr boys blew their chance of a place in the semi-finals, missing a last minute penalty to make it 3-2; going ahead against Killie's 10 men in extra-time only to contrive to concede two scrambled efforts at the death.

• 3 months later...

Man, one of the commentators is certainly Buzz Killington.  As soon as Celtic win he says that "it could be as good as it gets for some of these lads so they have to savour it".   I know it's probably true but it's an awful downer for the end of a cup final

Man, one of the commentators is certainly Buzz Killington.  As soon as Celtic win he says that "it could be as good as it gets for some of these lads so they have to savour it".   I know it's probably true but it's an awful downer for the end of a cup final

They said that a few times during the game "most of these boys will end up at other teams" the two guys doing the commentary were like Andy Walker full of sedatives.

Archived