Challenge Cup R2

HibeeJibee

6 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Actually you wouldn't - there is no money for being on TV this time!

BBC and SPFL concentrating on OF wherever the opportunity allows is nothing new, sadly.

Aye the Telly money seems to be pooled to pay out prize money. You were getting individual payments for the League Cup group games just assumed it was the same for this cup also as in the past.

Premier Sports are due to show between 6 and 8 games so a good chance of our game being show unless the went for Rangers v Stenny if Rangers beat Stirling Uni.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Nowt wrong with a Cowden player in a publicity shot.

Oh indeed. But the SPFL's further undermining of their senior clubs by promoting an U20 side at their expense is unacceptable.

25 minutes ago, Judge Jules said:

So it's Motherwell colts against the team formerly known as Clydebank. This competition is a joke and needs stopped immediately. 

Their needing to stop calling these under 20 sides Colts - a really shitty name for a side.

13 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Their needing to stop calling these under 20 sides Colts - a really shitty name for a side.

Probably been mentioned, but last night we had the bizarre situation of Cumbernauld Colts (their actual name) versus Hamilton Accies 'Colts' (this unofficially-applied moniker).

EDIT: Worth adding that only Elgin City now stands between us and the actual possibility of Hibs v Hearts 'B' or vice versa.

Well, even if we were to get 500 at the game (unlikely) at £10 each that's only £5,000 from gate receipts.

The rental of our stadium is more than that per match before you even "share the gate" with the away side.

Yes but you not going costs your own club - that's the simple fact. The cost of renting the stadium isn't impacted by you being there or not but the income your club receives to at least part cover the cost is reduced if you don't attend.

Yes but you not going costs your own club - that's the simple fact. The cost of renting the stadium isn't impacted by you being there or not but the income your club receives to at least part cover the cost is reduced if you don't attend.

Not sure what you're getting at.

I'm not really fussed about going to an away game because it doesn't really affect my club financially whether I go or not and going simply encourages the morons who the run the game.

9 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Probably been mentioned, but last night we had the bizarre situation of Cumbernauld Colts (their actual name) versus Hamilton Accies 'Colts' (this unofficially-applied moniker).

EDIT: Worth adding that only Elgin City now stands between us and the actual possibility of Hibs v Hearts 'B' or vice versa.

If Cumbernauld ever made it to the Premiership their under 20 side would be called Cumbernauld Colts Colts.

20 hours ago, Aufc said:

Wonder if airdrie v motherwell U20s could be prove to be as tasty as I imagine a game against the motherwell full team would be

It could prove to be a total minter for Airdrie if they get pumped by their local rivals' Reserve team :)

Not sure what you're getting at.

I'm not really fussed about going to an away game because it doesn't really affect my club financially whether I go or not and going simply encourages the morons who the run the game.

Let's keep it simple - you don't go your club loses its share of the gate money you would have paid. So it does really affect your club financially.

On 04/08/2016 at 23:19, cowdenbeath said:

So, what league do Cumbernauld play in and why are they the only LL side allowed to play their colts in this embarrassment of a competition?

Archived