The Irn Bru Cup Attendance Thread: Crowdwank and colts galore

lionel hutz

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2016/08/19 at 19:37, theoriginalhedge said:

The same could be said about your notion .  A delusion based on your hatred of the OF. 

Basically we are all speculating about the real reason the U20s were included. It might just be the case that we are both not too far off the truth. 

Having colt teams in regionalised lower divisions was part of the SPL's vision for the future a few years back. No delusion is involved in suspecting that's still on the agenda where the top clubs are concerned given that's very much on the record. I seriously doubt anyone with influence expected that any of the U20 teams would be playing against Linfield this season. Odds on they would have adjusted the format to U-23, if they were really banking on Linfield vs Celtic "B" as the key to television money in future, because everybody in the game will be well aware that most U20 players don't make the grade and many are used as not much more than jersey fillers to provide a team to play with for the minority that are genuinely expected to.

• 1 month later...

R4 figures:

Crusaders v Livingston - Not Published, home website "large", fan estimates 700-900
Ayr v Falkirk - 1,247

Bala v Alloa - 591
Stranraer v Dundee Utd - 629
Forfar v TNS - 691
Hibs v St Mirren - 4,393
Dunfermline v Queen's Park - 1,930

QotS v Linfield - 2,358

9 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

R4 figures:

Crusaders v Livingston - Not Published, home website "large", fan estimates 700-900
Ayr v Falkirk - 1,247

Bala v Alloa - 591
Stranraer v Dundee Utd - 629
Forfar v TNS - 691
Hibs v St Mirren - 4,393
Dunfermline v Queen's Park - 1,930

QotS v Linfield - 2,358

Its a bit of a farce that an official crowd from the Crusaders game hasn't been announced.

I see. That's coming on for double the 2 estimates I've seen on here of 700 and 800-900 respectively... although I said at the time those seemed low as your league average last year was around 1,500.

Will there be a reason the crowd hasn't been released? Clearly league crowds normally are in NIFL since top division averages etc. are available.

Nothing on SPFL website - usual box absent; nothing in the paper; nothing on the Crusaders twitter; or website (except "large"); Livingston website has its usual space for "Att:", but it's been left blank.

Archived