Sportscene Watch 2016/17

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Steven Thompson is not aware of the rules of football. And he is also wearing a shirt without a collar. Clown.

His comment regarding the griffiths penalty appeal was strange saying it wasn't enough of a foul to justify a pen.Surely it's a foul or it's not.

Surprised :1eye that Scott Browns off the ball assault wasn't highlighted. Never mind i'm sure the written media are all over it. :1eye

Only a matter of time until the compliance officer gets involved. :1eye

He does it constantly aswell, sprints in front of someone then just stops right in front of them. An utter rat.

5 hours ago, Austin McCann said:

Surprised :1eye that Scott Browns off the ball assault wasn't highlighted. Never mind i'm sure the written media are all over it. :1eye

Only a matter of time until the compliance officer gets involved. :1eye

Yeah i was really shocked that they missed it.

7 hours ago, Dubford don said:

His comment regarding the griffiths penalty appeal was strange saying it wasn't enough of a foul to justify a pen.Surely it's a foul or it's not.

"It's one of those that's a foul on the halfway line but not in the box," is presumably something he would say, shortly before I try to throttle him with one of his jumpers

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Were you shocked that they missed the penalty in the last few minutes as well?

I'm sure they discussed it, if i can be arsed I'll use the catch up thingy n check.

3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Were you shocked that they missed the penalty in the last few minutes as well?

I've seen plenty discussion of the penalty incident. Not so much about Dembele's earlier cheating dive though.

Although I'm sure Broony would be giving him it tight in the dressing room after the game for cheating.

Sportsound will be talking about for the next 10 days as well.

First thing in yesterday's sportscene that is said is 'there was a chance that this weekend could have seen Celtic crowned champions but as things turned out that will have to wait until after the international break'

Now as much as I don't really care when Celtic officially become mathematically secure in winning the premiership, I'm sure plenty of people do, why in a highlights show would you give away that it doesn't happen before showing highlights of the first game?

40 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

First thing in yesterday's sportscene that is said is 'there was a chance that this weekend could have seen Celtic crowned champions but as things turned out that will have to wait until after the international break'

Now as much as I don't really care when Celtic officially become mathematically secure in winning the premiership, I'm sure plenty of people do, why in a highlights show would you give away that it doesn't happen before showing highlights of the first game?

Doubt there would be many watching who didn't know that Aberdeen had won the day before and therefore Celtic couldn't have won it this weekend.

This is something that's always annoyed me about Sportscene. They're always giving away results and league positions before teams games have been shown and it just comes across as really unprofessional imo. You never see them giving anything away on Match of The Day.

57 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

Conversely, casual viewers would stay tuned to see why it didn't happen.

4 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

This is something that's always annoyed me about Sportscene. They're always giving away results and league positions before teams games have been shown and it just comes across as really unprofessional imo. You never see them giving anything away on Match of The Day.

Even more annoying is when, usually with the game they've chucked together a half-arsed 2 minutes of highlights for with no analysis afterwards, they tell you during highlights what's about to happen at the start of each clip. I don't want to know if a goal's going to be scored, a sitter's going to be missed or a player's getting sent off before I actually see it.

Just now, Dunning1874 said:

Even more annoying is when, usually with the game they've chucked together a half-arsed 2 minutes of highlights for with no analysis afterwards, they tell you during highlights what's about to happen at the start of each clip. I don't want to know if a goal's going to be scored, a sitter's going to be missed or a player's getting sent off before I actually see it.

That does my head in, especially when someones about to take a penalty. Wait for 5 seconds before starting your award winning narrative for f**k sake.

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

Yep.

'County equalised when....'

Get fucked, just say something like 'a throw in on the right fell to Alex Schalk who turned sharply and fired home' as the ball is hitting the net.

Archived