Sportscene Watch 2016/17

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I thought I imagined that so glad someone else noticed.  Both of your points I mean.  Thompson didn't speak about us at all when asked to and yep, when he did eventually try to, he called us Kilmarnock.

I don't watch Sportscene because it's absolute muck but I thought I would check this out simply because I thought it might be a wee exaggeration but no, completely accurate. Laughable really and symptomatic of why I don't bother with the programme. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, RiG said:

I don't watch Sportscene because it's absolute muck but I thought I would check this out simply because I thought it might be a wee exaggeration but no, completely accurate. Laughable really and symptomatic of why I don't bother with the programme. 

It's never the smaller club being better on the day, it's always Celtic or Rangers being poor.

56 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

It's never the smaller club being better on the day, it's always Celtic or Rangers being poor.

When I met my cousin on Saturday he was raging at the reports from the Inverness win on Friday. 

Pretty much exactly what you said.

2 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

When I met my cousin on Saturday he was raging at the reports from the Inverness win on Friday. 

Pretty much exactly what you said.

They can't see to comprehend that a weaker football team can sometimes play better than the stronger one over 90 minutes. 

Got the day off so thought I would stick on the Aberdeen - Partick Thistle game in the background on the IPlayer as I'm getting a few things done. Slightly caught off-guard that they cut short a discussion about Partick Thistle's formation so they could show highlights of...a minutes silence at the Celtic game.

Eh!?

Got the day off so thought I would stick on the Aberdeen - Partick Thistle game in the background on the IPlayer as I'm getting a few things done. Slightly caught off-guard that they cut short a discussion about Partick Thistle's formation so they could show highlights of...a minutes silence at the Celtic game.

Eh!?

Its a highlight because the Celtic fans managed to observe it.

I watched the last ten minutes of the first half of Aberdeen-Partick, and maybe about five minutes of the half-time analysis. The amount of times I heard "not a good game", "terrible game of football". etc was incredible. Michael Stewart to his credit tried to keep things positive, but Willie Miller, Rob McLean and Liam McLeod were slating it at every turn.

PS it wasn't a great game, but as a channel hopper when the first thing you hear is about how bad a match it is, it doesn't entice you to keep it on. 

Whereas if that was some dugshite like Stoke and Middlesboro it would be a "fascinating tactical battle" and "evenly poised".

There's a balance though. If a game's rotten, I want my pundits to say so, while also highlighting whatever positives are there.

The problem is we're all so inured to the neighbours regularly shouting about how exciting their games are when all evidence is absent. The only one who calls things honestly is Alan "woeful, just woeful" Green on R5.

23 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Whereas if that was some dugshite like Stoke and Middlesboro it would be a "fascinating tactical battle" and "evenly poised".

There's a balance though. If a game's rotten, I want my pundits to say so, while also highlighting whatever positives are there.

The problem is we're all so inured to the neighbours regularly shouting about how exciting their games are when all evidence is absent. The only one who calls things honestly is Alan "woeful, just woeful" Green on R5.

Sorry but I find Green as pompous and obnoxious as Pearce. The sound gets muted as soon as they're heard on tv or the channel changed on the radio. Their arrogance tries to make it all about them and the game a mere vehicle for their 'talents', which is of course the only reason the viewer/listener has tuned in. Expressions like your example will be spat out with great venom and disdain as why should someone a great as they are be sent to cover a game this bad. "woeful, just woeful" is just attention seeking, negative hyperbole which is as bad as the ridiculously OTT positive drivel spouted in pre-scripted sound bites. Give me the like of Steve Bower any day. No wittering absolute garbage for 90 minutes, can use silence and realises the game is the star, not him.

Pheeeeeeew, I feel much better now!

Alan green is utter aids to listen to. Acts like he's doing a 15 hr shift in abattoir when he's being paid handsomely to watch football and talk a bit. Kinda lawrenson type p***k that would complain about being at home 1970 wc final cos he was getting a sunburn.

Archived