Sportscene Watch 2016/17

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Is that crowd at Accies the lowest Saturday top flight crowd of the last 20-30 years?

Highly doubt it - 1,609?

If I was to guess I'd have thought they would have had a lower crowd (say at end-of-season or in poor weather), or Gretna playing at Fir Park, or even Dumbarton in 1984-85?

EDIT: Gretna posted Saturday crowds of 1,516 (v Kilmarnock); 1,096 (v ICT); 1,609 (Falkirk); and 431 (v ICT); during their spell playing at Motherwell, in 2007-08.

They got less for their last home game of last season, that was around 1,500.

Gretna v Dundee United on 6 March 2008 got a crowd of 501, which I doubt will ever be beaten.

8 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Highly doubt it - 1,609?

If I was to guess I'd have thought they would have had a lower crowd (say at end-of-season or in poor weather), or Gretna playing at Fir Park, or even Dumbarton in 1984-85?

There was a Tuesday night game between Gretna and ICT at Fir Park with a sub-500 crowd iirc. Very strange being there in a three-quarters-empty main stand, looking out at three completely empty sides.

ETA: Just checked. It was a crowd of 431. Apparently a Saturday afternoon though, so f**k knows why I remember it being  a midweek game. 

They got less for their last home game of last season, that was around 1,500.

Gretna v Dundee United on 6 March 2008 got a crowd of 501, which I doubt will ever be beaten.

There was a Tuesday night game between Gretna and ICT at Fir Park with a sub-500 crowd iirc. Very strange being there in a three-quarters-empty main stand, looking out at three completely empty sides.

ETA: Just checked. It was a crowd of 431. Apparently a Saturday afternoon though, so f**k knows why I remember it being  a midweek game. 

That Gretna record lasted long...

Gretna v Inverness were both Saturdays: 1,096 in October and 431 in April (their lowest of the season - midweeks included - and the lowest ever SPL crowd). Here is the April report:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/7328019.stm

For completeness - the Dundee Utd game (501) was a Thursday, presumably for TV?

EDIT: Ah, no, that was of course the famous backlog season. It'd been postponed the preceding Saturday and Tuesday.

3 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

That Gretna record lasted long...

It was right in front of me and I missed it :lol:

15 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Gretna v Inverness were both Saturdays: 1,096 in October and 431 in April (their lowest of the season - midweeks included - and the lowest ever SPL crowd). Here is the April report:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/7328019.stm

For completeness - the Dundee Utd game (501) was a Thursday, presumably for TV?

Abdul Osman getting booked, must be an error.

Dumbarton's crowds in their sole Premier Division stint of 1984-85 were actually better than I might have expected: their average was c3,700 although this was partly down to crowds of between c8,000 and c10,000 against Rangers and Celtic. Their lowest were 1,524 v Dundee Utd (Dec); 1,684 v St Mirren (Feb); 900 v Morton (Mar); and 818 v Dundee Utd (April).

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

This whole "put the programme on an non-HD channel" thing is a heap of shite.

1 hour ago, bobbycoxblue said:

I hear it's on later in HD??

1 hour ago, Owsley said:

Didn't know this but I see it is on at 11.30 so I'll set it to record. Why can't they mention that it's repeated later? Looks so shite on non-HD.

Sorry, let me rephrase.

This whole "move the programme to a new more convenient timeslot only to not have it on a non-HD channel while actually keeping it on its own original HD channel but at a later time after the English football" thing is a heap of shite.

Much better this week. Instead of our 25 seconds analysis they allowed us 36...Tommy got 15 to actually talk about the Saints game instead of Celtic then Steven Thompson's after thought summary was 21 seconds, much the same as last week though really.

However credit must be given to the editor. Charged with highlighting Scottish football he decided against talking through a decent headed goal from ICT and a cracking equaliser from Saints to feature and discuss an ICT guy running around for about a minute. He or she certainly knows their football.

Much better this week. Instead of our 25 seconds analysis they allowed us 36...Tommy got 15 to actually talk about the Saints game instead of Celtic then Steven Thompson's after thought summary was 21 seconds, much the same as last week though really.

However credit must be given to the editor. Charged with highlighting Scottish football he decided against talking through a decent headed goal from ICT and a cracking equaliser from Saints to feature and discuss an ICT guy running around for about a minute. He or she certainly knows their football.

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

The Celtic fans wearing coloured shirts to make an Irish flag in the corner is absolutely tragic.

The Sevco fans waving Union Jacks around is as pathetic and tragic as its always been.

Anyway; Senderos :lol:

Archived