Sportscene Watch 2016/17

A bit early, perhaps, but already the programme is a farce.

This week's highlights are on at 7.30pm on Sunday on BBC2 (not in HD).  Yet somehow the highlights of a glorified friendly in England can get a 10.30pm slot on BBC1 (in HD).

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, The Master said:

This week's highlights are on at 7.30pm on Sunday on BBC2 (not in HD).  Yet somehow the highlights of a glorified friendly in England can get a 10.30pm slot on BBC1 (in HD).

Is that the new regular slot - or a "shove it anywhere it'll fit, who gives a f**k" slot?

4 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

What's the difference?

None really - but even by BBC Scotland's cringing standards, to move your (ahem) flagship sports programme from its slot on the opening weekend of the season to accommodate the *charity fucking shield* would be quite spectacular...

To be fair we already know it'll be half an hour of sevco unveiling the championship flag, 20 minutes of highlights (provided they win), a quick one camera view of all the goals in 4 inconveniences (sorry, other games), then 15 minutes of the celtic game

Confuses the f**k out of me how they can do the radio so well but have that mess for the highlights package. 

The screen was a welcome addition last season once they got used to it but it'll be back to an old firm w**k fest this year. 

If the new timeslot is permanent then it's not a problem (though possibly piss-poorly advertised); HD is utterly fucking irrelevant. When Pat Bonner and his ilk inevitably start dribbling fail all over the program, then it will be a farce.

1 hour ago, Swello said:

Agree 7.30 is a better time - but does anyone know if it's permanent or a one off? I would be pleasantly surprised if it was always on at that time....

7:30 on BBC One would be perfect, Countryfile can f**k off to BBC Two/BBC ALBA

3 hours ago, The Master said:

I have to watch non-HD stuff on my mobile as it looks complete shite on my big daft 52" TV.

7.30 Is a much better time than 10.30. Not just the time of the show that matters, the running of the show Is garbage.

Maybe do a goal of the month competition?

Better Interviews that last more than 5 seconds.

Pundits Instead of players that retired a season before.

What was the name of that docu they did on the state of scottish football and why we're not producing international class players anymore?

Can't find it on iplayer or anything about it for the life of me.

Trying to procrastinate here.

Archived