Ayr United v Aberdeen (Betfred Cup Last 16)

mugen_power

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That can't be right.....  can it ???

Knocked out in our first ties in both competitions last season (Hibs and Hearts). The season before, put out by Dundee and Dundee United (I think). Dundee in the first round of the Scottish Cup and United in the League Cup semi? If so then Oct 2014 would be right.

Sold 450 tickets when I collected tickets this morning

Id expect a few PATG from the central belt away support, got my ticket but going down with a few who dont on the train after work. Id expect 700-800 which is pretty decent.

12 hours ago, G-MAN said:

Id expect a few PATG from the central belt away support, got my ticket but going down with a few who dont on the train after work. Id expect 700-800 which is pretty decent.

Think as you are getting 4 points i think majority will buy tickets now but still seem to be quite a few PATG though

Would have liked to have gone to this but having been in Maribor last week, I would be taking the piss to ask for more time off work. Hope those that travel have a good evening out.

Team wise, can't see too much changing, perhaps a return for Taylor and some game time for Alexander and Craig Storie. I'd line up: Alexander; Logan, O'Connor, Reynolds, Considine; Burns, Storie, McLean, Storey; Rooney and Stockley. Would try to rest Shinnie and Jack for as long as possible on the night, remembering that we had a good run with Storie and McLean beside each other last season in January and February. With the back 4 working, I'd be hesitant to change it, and the only reason I'd change the keeper is merely to give Alexander some game time to keep him sharp.

Will predict 2-0 the Famous, Stockley and Rooney scoring.

If our midfield are anywhere near as absent as they were on Saturday against Raith, we'll get rammed. Hoping to see something other than Forrest upfront on his own. He did alright on Saturday (aside from his absolute joke of a miss) but watching him totally isolated against two centre backs who are at least 2 heads taller than him is demoralising and totally ineffective.

Heading to this as well, hoping for a straight forward win and no injuries 

imagine we'll see a few changes from Sunday 

Only been to Somerset once before so looking forward to the jaunt 

Do we have terracing along the pitch aswell as behind the goal?

Also any tips for parking?

Half the uncovered terracing and behind the goal. Loads of on street parking or at racecourse 5 minutes walk. Away fans are always welcome at Hawkhill bowling club next door.

Hopefully McInnes looks at the various cup upsets tonight and takes note (I've no idea if any of the teams that lost tonight fielded weakened sides, mind). By the same token, we ought to note that there's a fair number of lower league sides in the next round and we simply have to get there as it's a great opportunity to progress.

11 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

Half the uncovered terracing and behind the goal. Loads of on street parking or at racecourse 5 minutes walk. Away fans are always welcome at Hawkhill bowling club next door.

8 minutes ago, Karl Fletcher said:

Any decent boozers near the ground?

Seem to remember a bowling club or something from last time 

no idea

Might be worth checking the traffic reports before setting off...

We got caught in traffic just outside Glasgow on Saturday taking the M80, but took the M8 on the way back, over the Forth Bridge and up to Aberdeen that way and were back just about 8:15. 

12 hours ago, Buckfast said:

Moore is out and Nisbet is cup tied, looks like we will be leading the line with a five foot forward again.

Given that Moore has now been out for three weeks with a head knock; an update on his condition would be good. 

Archived